Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939 to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron

Re: [crt/lcd] Displayport connected monitor fails to wake from s

One thing I have noticed with the HP monitors (I have a ZR24w), is that they don't like certain Displayport cables due to the fact that they have Pin 26 (ground connector of some sort) connected. I know on mine, one way that I fixed it is to get a Displayport-certified cable, or have a computer connected to the DVI port.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by sk1939:

One thing I have noticed with the HP monitors (I have a ZR24w), is that they don't like certain Displayport cables due to the fact that they have Pin 26 (ground connector of some sort) connected. I know on mine, one way that I fixed it is to get a Displayport-certified cable, or have a computer connected to the DVI port.

Duly noted, I'd never heard of this before now.

EQ
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

2 edits

Thordrune to sk1939

Premium Member

to sk1939
Thanks for bringing that up, that's definitely a possibility. That reminds me of some DP-related compatibility issues where I work (different division had the issue), although I think their problem was with a DP to DVI or VGA adapter. In their case, I assumed it was early teething issues as the HP PCs in question have an onboard DP port and are about 5 years old. HP monitors were being used as well. HP blamed it on non-certified/non-HP hardware, lol.

I can't remember if the DP cable I'm using with my LP2475w came with it or not, but my ZR2240w did come with one. I'll try swapping the cables.

Edit: It looks like the LP2475w did come with one, but what the heck, I'll swap them anyway .