spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ThirtyThree

join:2011-05-29
Canadian cit

Why are there so many support issues to get an upgrade done?

I heard about some ATPIA changes that makes faster speeds available to me. I thought I would upgrade and try the cable 150. I needed a new modem, so I ordered it.

I have been on the phone with support at least 6 times trying to get it done. I get told different information each time I talk to someone. It takes days just to provision the modem. Then I need to keep calling in, I don't understand why.

Before the modem was provisioned I was told I don't need to do anything to get the speed change and it would happen when the modem was provisioned. After it was provisioned I was told I needed to wait and if still wasn't provisioned in 48 hours then call back. After 48 hours I called back and they said the speed change was not sent. They said they could send it but it would take 48 hours. Then I was asked what speed I wanted. I'm still not sure how they don't know what speed I wanted at this point.

Am I silly to expect that I could go to the My World portal and make the request and not have to call all the time to make sure things are working? If my request wasn't screwed up it still takes weeks. They keep blaming Rogers but I don't think that's the problem.

I can't accept this level of service, I'm looking for a new provider. I'm not looking for apologies or sympathy. I thought other customers and Teksavvy might want to know what is happening.

elitedev

join:2013-05-05
Chatham, ON
We do know what's happening and it's Rogers fault.
Thanks for letting us know your story though, if it makes you feel any better you are not alone and Teksavvy is starting some new internal projects to make these problems more manageable for the customers.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to ThirtyThree
said by ThirtyThree:

I heard about some ATPIA changes that makes faster speeds available to me. I thought I would upgrade and try the cable 150. I needed a new modem, so I ordered it.

I have been on the phone with support at least 6 times trying to get it done. I get told different information each time I talk to someone. It takes days just to provision the modem. Then I need to keep calling in, I don't understand why.

Before the modem was provisioned I was told I don't need to do anything to get the speed change and it would happen when the modem was provisioned. After it was provisioned I was told I needed to wait and if still wasn't provisioned in 48 hours then call back. After 48 hours I called back and they said the speed change was not sent. They said they could send it but it would take 48 hours. Then I was asked what speed I wanted. I'm still not sure how they don't know what speed I wanted at this point.

Am I silly to expect that I could go to the My World portal and make the request and not have to call all the time to make sure things are working? If my request wasn't screwed up it still takes weeks. They keep blaming Rogers but I don't think that's the problem.

I can't accept this level of service, I'm looking for a new provider. I'm not looking for apologies or sympathy. I thought other customers and Teksavvy might want to know what is happening.

We know what's happening, lots of us have had tech support tickets open for weeks and get no help, no techs in sight, and we're all experienced slow downs at night with no fix and "It's rogers fault".. so.. you're not alone. A lot of people may be looking for a new provider for now. Ive hung on all summer long but I don't know how much longer I can stand this.

ThirtyThree

Canadian cit
reply to ThirtyThree
Thanks for the posts.

I think just about everyone I know who was ever a bell or rogers customer has a bad customer service story. That was one of the reasons I switched. It wasn't the same with teksavvy, this last experience has changed my mind. Now I have stories about bell, rogers, and teksavvy.

I am expecting too much.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

1 recommendation

Hi I do see you did call in & when we asked if you wanted to place a speed upgrade, you refused.

I'm terribly sorry it's been taking a while for us to get updates for our customer when attempting to either request things to be changed or have issues resolved, but we can only work with what the vendor does on their end.

At this point if you would like to do the change of speeds, let me know either via PM or on the TekSavvy Direct forum & we'll send the request.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

ThirtyThree

Canadian cit
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I did refuse. It was more like I refused a speed change after the 6th failed request. I have reached my threshold. It was teksavvy that made mistakes. Giving me conflicting information on different calls and not processing my speed change request. Why do I have to call in after the modem is provisioned? Why didn't you send the speed request to the vendor when I called after the modem was provisioned? These are issues with your customer support. Stop blaming rogers.

I appreciate that you respond to these threads, it says a lot. I even got a unsolicited call from tech support telling me that they have not received a response from rogers.

However, I really thought I could contact you once and have the speed changed. I thought you would handle everything for me. If I didn't call today and find out the request had not gone out how long would it have taken for you to tell me? I refused your last offer because I can't accept the level of customer service.

Can I return the modem? What will I have to go through to get the old one provisioned until I find a new provider? Wait... I get the feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better. I don't know what I was thinking... I think the problem must be me. I should have done nothing. My internet was working fine, well mostly...

I'd like to give up but I still want to have internet access that is fast, reliable, and a reasonable price.

Lost.
Expand your moderator at work

ThirtyThree

Canadian cit
reply to ThirtyThree

Re: Why are there so many support issues to get an upgrade done?

I canceled taksavvy and signed up with start.ca

Start has the plus package that gets you 10Mbps up with a 25/35/45 down for $10.

I was really looking for faster upload anyway. Customer service was pretty good with start... so far. I'm going to lower my expectations.

I'll post my experience with them in the start forum.

Thanks for reading.

javierg9

join:2011-09-21
Toronto, ON
Please note how long the setup/activation process is with start.ca (from point of ordering service & modem up until service is live and working). I'm tasked with suggesting internet/voip service for 2 separate family members - I have 30 days to make a recommendation (and naturally, for family members I would like this setup process to go smoothly

Thanks,
J.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to ThirtyThree
said by ThirtyThree:

I canceled taksavvy and signed up with start.ca

Start has the plus package that gets you 10Mbps up with a 25/35/45 down for $10.

I was really looking for faster upload anyway. Customer service was pretty good with start... so far. I'm going to lower my expectations.

I'll post my experience with them in the start forum.

Thanks for reading.

I'll be anxious to see how this turns out for you... I'm leaning in this direction myself

Keaters
Premium
join:2007-07-25
Chatham, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to ThirtyThree
I don't understand why people are leaning towards Start.ca when they are a third party as well and are going through the same problems and challenges. Yes, it is not right and not fair to have to wait and wait, but it is not right and not fair for Vendors to delay and delay and get the Third Party customer upset. Believe me, TPIA companies are working diligently at getting resolutions, but when Vendors do not want to pay ball, it is not their fault. Teksavvy is awesome!! They are the best, and they do everything to fight for their customers.

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
Because in this area it seems it's one or the other. When you can't do DSL (like me) you don't really have many options or choices.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
lets go after big telecom again like when the ubb crap was happening...
neighborhoods are lacking fttn/ftth infrastructure in ontario.... south korea is laughing at us...

MJB

Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_mWLvOuPUE

squirrel island maine... lol... ftth.... ontario bell/rogers/cogeco... not one installation... i live near new neighborhoods and bell won't install fttn

PlatooN

join:2007-02-13
Kitchener, ON
said by MJB:

i live near new neighborhoods and bell won't install fttn

Bell and rogers do ANY new neighbourhood development with ftth. Good friend of mine had his house built last fall, has 50/50 bell ftth and TV.

Please STOP just replying to peoples posts with hysterical BS, it's getting really old.

MJB

Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

2 edits
Click for full size
i live in the small town of delaware ontario... and there isn't any fiber to the home.... copper adsl max of 5mbit and hybrid fiber coaxial cable internet... max 150/10

bell pedestal box....
rogers hfc box... for cable... fiber is in the ground...
so rogers runs it to the neighborhood and bell doesn't since the max is 5mbit.... dsl lines lose signal strength after 7km... distance dependent for the dsl side.

towerline street delaware ontario on the south side of the town. south of highway 2

ThirtyThree

Canadian cit
reply to Keaters
I wanted to clarify that my issues were not just the time it takes for the vendor. My situation went something like this:

1. call for speed change - need new modem - told to call back when I get modem
- get modem - got delivery notice email from canada post (why can't teksavvy get one and do the next step for me?)

2. call with new modem - provision request not sent - told speed change would happen at same time as provision - told different on previous call

3. call because 6 business days went by - told don't need to call back

4. called in because provisioned! yea - now don't trust that speed change will go through - told to wait 24-48hours

5. called in after 72 hours - told the speed change request didn't get sent, asked if I wanted speed change and to wait again, I refused

I don't want to call this many times.
I want the people on the phone to know the answers
I don't want the customer service rep to ask me what speed I want after that many calls
I don't want the company I pay to blame some other company for their mistakes and bad processes

I understand and agree that the vendors are making this difficult for teksavvy to deal with and start.ca will have some of the same issues. We don't have a lot of choice. Some of my experience with teksavvy has been very positive but not this time. Vendors taking a long time is maybe exposing some of these other issues.

Teksavvy is NOT awesome!