uniqs

germ
join:2006-09-30
Long Beach, CA

germ to knarf829

to knarf829

Re: Al Jazeera channel is live

said by knarf829:

I have already registered my complaint with Verizon about carrying the domestic offshoot of this anti-American propaganda channel and urge everyone to do the same.

Sure it's "tailored" for an American audience - they'll tone down the hate when broadcasting into our living rooms - but all the money goes right back to the same main channel that held an on-air birthday party for a terrorist that killed 4 people - including bashing the head of a 4 year old girl - and said Jewish people were told not to go to work at the WTC on 9/11.

No thanks.

This is a channel that has angered pretty much everyone at one point or another. They've angered many conservatives in their home region.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

said by germ:

It's funny you mention money because I doubt this channel will be too profitable. They hired 900 people and opened 12 bureaus in the US and have 16 investigative journalists(CNN recently shut down their investigative team). All of this for a channel that is only available in SD and is also the same channel that was previously home to a failed news channel(Current TV).

If they didn't think it was going to profitable, they wouldn't have done it.

Conversely, if they launched a channel with the expectation that it would be unprofitable, I'd have to ask what their ulterior motive in launching it was.

germ
join:2006-09-30
Long Beach, CA

germ

said by knarf829:

said by germ:

It's funny you mention money because I doubt this channel will be too profitable. They hired 900 people and opened 12 bureaus in the US and have 16 investigative journalists(CNN recently shut down their investigative team). All of this for a channel that is only available in SD and is also the same channel that was previously home to a failed news channel(Current TV).

If they didn't think it was going to profitable, they wouldn't have done it.

Conversely, if they launched a channel with the expectation that it would be unprofitable, I'd have to ask what their ulterior motive in launching it was.

I was mistaken attributing those numbers for the channel. They're for the entirety of the Al Jazeera news organization and not solely for the NYC-based Al Jazeera channel. I'm sure that the channel will benefit from those resources.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to germ

Premium Member

to germ
said by germ:

This is a channel that has angered pretty much everyone at one point or another.

Right down my alley.

dimi1963
join:2001-12-27
Union, NJ

dimi1963 to germ

to germ
Well said!
Expand your moderator at work