spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex

E-mail settings

Some of my e-mails come through with "Probably Spam" added to the subject and I doubt that its Norton Internet Security that I have running doing it. So I assume that somewhere Verizon is doing it. However most of these messages are NOT spam! Is there a setting somewhere in the Verizon e-mail to set a white list of addresses that are explicitly OK. If so can someone describe to me how to get to this setting.

Thanks,
Gerry
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Verizon does not do this. It is either your e-mail client or your security suite. My client, for example, moves messages it thinks are junk email to a junk email folder. If the message was moved in error, I can add the sender to a safe sender list and subsequent messages are not moved.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to Gerryex

Premium Member

to Gerryex
Its your Norton for sure, its a feature of the security suite to tag the subject line to flag a suspicious email
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex

said by guppy_fish:

Its your Norton for sure, its a feature of the security suite to tag the subject line to flag a suspicious email

Hi guppy_fish and PJL (again!),

(I haven't check on this section of the forum in a while so I'm late in replying to you both!)

What you both are saying makes sense and I know Norton has a White List so I'll put that address in the White List and ask them to send me a test e-mail and we'll see what happens.

Thanks again,
Gerry
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

1 edit

tnsprin to Gerryex

to Gerryex
IF you use the recommended SSl ports for e-mail, then it is not Norton but likely your email client.