uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bengie25

join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Reviews:
·Solarus

[HSI] Charter is tearing up lawns

I'm in a cul de sac, my previous neighbor had Charter 100mb with no complaints, I had their 30mb with no complaints, great pings, almost no outages, strong signals, and I am an avid gamer.

Charter seems to be tearing up lawns in this small dead-end with already good signal and performance, and putting in new conduit.

The only thing special about our area is that we just got fiber in our dead-end and I saw my new ISP at nearly every house and the line to return our Charter equipment was quite long at the office.

I wonder what they're up to if we already had access to their current best.

I had Charter HSI for 12 years, so I like to still keep up with them.

crohakon

join:2012-07-10
Twin Lake, MI

Charter has made it quite public that they are doing plant upgrades all across the nation. If they are spending that kind of money I am sure they have a good reason. It may be related to their all digital transition and the need for more bandwidth for the increase in HD content. Also, and this is just speculation, but I would be willing to bet that there might soon be another speed increase linked with the lunch of... »www.fiercecable.com/story/charte···13-08-19

Bengie25

join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Thanks for the info. I some how didn't see it in my normal feeds and couldn't quickly search anything on it.

I hope they up their speeds, maybe my ISP will increase theirs.

oneoone

join:2010-01-20
Lagrange, GA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Bengie25

up until a week ago I had 100 meg internet for over a year, recently downgraded to 30 meg and ordered TV and phone. When they showed up they said they had put in a new drop because my signal levels were not useable, which is odd because I never ever had a problem with 100 meg or 30 now and Ive had 3 DVRs, phone, and 100 meg less then a year ago. Anyways they are hell bent on replacing it so once they do that I'll be able to get the other 2 services installed. Glad to see it's not just me.

scoosdad

join:2007-04-28
Worcester, MA
reply to Bengie25

Don't forget, the same cable is used for TV and phone. Just because you and your neighbors are getting consistently good results with internet doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with TV reception or telephone use somewhere on the cable.

I once had intermittent reception in some (but not all) TV channels (freezing, pixellating, etc.) that didn't affect my internet one bit. They replaced the underground cable feeding my house and the TV problems went away while the internet remained the way it was before that happened.