spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

David085

join:2013-06-29

is comcast coming to my area anytime soon?

Wondering if comcast will be coming to my area anytime soon since the company is expanding?

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
said by David085:

Wondering if comcast will be coming to my area anytime soon since the company is expanding?

They're expanding? That's news to me. Where are you even located?

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to David085
They will not be branching out into the lower Olympus Mons market until at least 2050.

Sorry.

David085

thats rude of you.

David085

reply to David085
then what internet provider do you recommand?

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to David085
never, they despise people like you.
--
I'm better than you!

David085

reply to David085

David085

reply to David085
wondering if is coming to my area?

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
What area are you in?

pooker314

join:2005-04-12
Brush Prairie, WA
reply to David085
Unless someone reading these forums is a comcast employee (unlikely based on recent activity), your best bet is to take a look at your local franchise agreement and see if they are required to expand in your area at their cost or, alternatively, expand based on some sort of cost sharing methodology.

How densely populated is your neighborhood? How close to comcast service areas are you? These are questions that will be essential in determining whether or not they are required to run service to your area based on the applicable franchise agreement.

TriForce

join:2008-05-27
Chico, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to David085
Your initial and subsequent posts are vague. It would help if you provide your location, city and state.

Expansions happen on a locality basis, as in new homes being built. They really don't enter a market unless they buyout the local cable company, as my experience tells me.

David085

1 edit
ignore messagae.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to David085
What a thread. I'm in awe.

flwpwr

@comcast.net
reply to David085
David comcasts last expansion was the purchase of a existing cable provider named adelphia which was split between comcast and TC IIIRC. In order for that to be completed they were required to get permission from the federal governemnt in the form of the FTC/FCC who has a law that says you may not service more than a certain percentage [30%]of the US as a single operator for anti monopolistic reasons, also known as antitrust [ironic no?].

The short of this comcast is not expanding their service becasue they are not allowed to any longer If they do not already service the area, its not going to unless the laws change.

Your local cable provider or local telco provider can help you with internet service provider options, and the local cable or a digital satellite provider can help you with tv choices.

»www.law360.com/articles/5179/ftc···e-warner
»corporate.comcast.com/news-infor···ertainme

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
said by flwpwr :

The short of this comcast is not expanding their service becasue they are not allowed to any longer If they do not already service the area, its not going to unless the laws change.

Have anything more recent that actually supports your statement?

netcool
Premium,VIP
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO
kudos:107

1 recommendation

reply to flwpwr
said by flwpwr :

That restriction was thrown out back in 2009.

»latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta···aps.html

Still don't think Comcast is interested in expanding anytime soon though.

vandergraff2

join:2005-10-17
Los Gatos, CA
reply to flwpwr
said by flwpwr :

Locally Comcast is expanding coverage all the time. In fact I talked to a local tech yesterday about some signal level issues I had been having. I had seen some of their trucks locally - they are in the process adding service to yet another area locally.

I have been very impressed how they are reaching more and more locations in our rural area.

That said this thread is indeed lame - without knowing the original ops location it is impossible give him any reasonable feedback.......