TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] Slow speeds on rCable

ok. so. we did a bunch of testing. it was great working on this with Rogers. we all worked really hard to get to the bottom of this. we have a temporary fix for now and tomorrow and the day after we will continue to try to solve the underlying problem. but for now we managed to find a way to make sure it was not affecting any of you.

if you're seeing problems now... it's not related to this. I can assure everybody that everything is flowing very well now.

if you were seeing fluctuations earlier it was due to the testing we were doing. we're done for tonight so it should be smooth sailing now.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

kanatamike

join:2013-07-19
Kanata, ON
kudos:1

Are you able to say what the problem is/was?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

said by kanatamike:

nah.. lets just leave well enough alone for now...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

said by TSI Marc:

said by kanatamike:

You sound just like the US Gubmmit, "I can neither confirm nor deny....."

Spill it, Marc.

rogersmogers

@start.ca

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by TSI Marc:

said by kanatamike:

You sound just like the US Gubmmit, "I can neither confirm nor deny....."

Spill it, Marc.

You don't need to be told everything that goes on.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

it's still being worked on... so. its not even known what the actual problem is...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

kanatamike

join:2013-07-19
Kanata, ON
kudos:1
reply to rogersmogers

That doesn't mean we can't ask.....repeatedly.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

hehe

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Marc you made it sound like it was top secret and you'd have to shoot whoever you told. At least we're back up and running =)

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

yep. your speeds good?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

max

@teksavvy.com

speeds are back to normal. thank you !

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

yep. your speeds good?

Indeed. getting way above what I'm actually paying for atm, at least on the down stream. all steady on my old 28/1.

deal1

join:2010-12-27
Mississauga

said by Optional:

said by TSI Marc:

yep. your speeds good?

Indeed. getting way above what I'm actually paying for atm, at least on the down stream. all steady on my old 28/1.

I am getting 13/1 on my 28/1

Raza

@teksavvy.com
reply to Optional

I am in Kanata, very choppy result from the day one , now after 3 months placed the order finally end of cancellation my service.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/2913635082

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

I can confirm that the temporary fix has resolved my speed issues. Although I have discovered the computer I did most of my speedtests on seems to be peaking out at 25 mbps for reasons unknown. This means my previous speed tests posted on here should be considered invalid. But I have been able to get full speeds on my other PCs when I couldn't before. Good news for TSI. Bad news for me because I now have a PC problem troubleshoot.

yltsi

join:2012-02-21
reply to deal1

full speed on 28/1 all night for me in Mississauga.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

ok. so. we did a bunch of testing. it was great working on this with Rogers. we all worked really hard to get to the bottom of this. we have a temporary fix for now and tomorrow and the day after we will continue to try to solve the underlying problem. but for now we managed to find a way to make sure it was not affecting any of you.

if you're seeing problems now... it's not related to this. I can assure everybody that everything is flowing very well now.

if you were seeing fluctuations earlier it was due to the testing we were doing. we're done for tonight so it should be smooth sailing now.

Such a relief!

Also, nice to see some evidence of Rogers being cooperative. I don't suppose they are under obligation to do that.
--
electronicsguru.ca

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

As we head into non-peak time I'm glad to report speeds have been good here all night. I tracked down the peaking at 25 mb/s on my one computer to a poorly shielded cable which did not like being in the port next to the wifi antenna. I likely wouldn't have caught this if not for paying closer attention to my speeds thanks to the recent issues.

My adventures aside.... Thanks for staying on top of this one Marc.

captainpc

join:2013-02-25

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Hi Marc, there is still an issue in the M6C area, OID-[removed for privacy -- fourboxers]