Timuka3T

join:2013-08-15
Ames, IA

Cable out?

Cable just went out in 50014..

EddieT

join:2010-01-16
Dubuque, IA
In 52001 some cable channels don't work and the internet cut out for about 5 mins.

Johnathon

join:2011-05-31
Dubuque, IA
Also 52001 and also having the same issue.

dnetguy

join:2010-04-28
Ames, IA
reply to Timuka3T
I also noticed that as of 6:18 AM CDT in 50014 (Ames, IA) the four broadcast analog channels here (5=ABC, 8=CBS, 11=PBS, 13=NBC) are dark. Not snow, but no picture or sound. The digital versions of those channels are working with picture and sound (5-1, 8-1, 11-1, and 13-1), but I cannot view those, or any other digital channel, because of this signal problem I wrote about in another post.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117

1 edit
reply to Timuka3T
There was an outage for these areas last night. If you are still experiencing any service issues, please let me know.

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA
kudos:1
reply to Timuka3T
You guys should be sleeping, not watching TV. Midnight to either five or six in the morning is considered the Mediacom maintenance window, so it could be they are doing some head-end maintenance. Pretty much all of the TV programming for Iowa market areas comes out of Des Moines, other than the injection of local stations (and even they might be processed somehow in DM), which could explain why both Ames and Dubuque could be missing stations at the same time.

dnetguy

join:2010-04-28
Ames, IA
k9iua6, I'm aware that Mediacom typically does maintenance during the midnight-6AM period. As such I have tried to be tolerant when funny things happen to the channels and I get here. I am also aware that maintenance period work often goes longer than expected, not least because of maintenance work I have to do at my job. Nevertheless, schedules for classes, work, exercise, etc., for me and my family very often require waking up well before 6 AM.