how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RamsteinUSA

join:2007-02-15
Scio, OR

Moving soon, Time Warner is not in the area I am moving to

Moving soon, Time Warner is not in the area I am moving to. They do have an Internet company that offer regular phone, cable Internet, and TV. But not near as good as TW and Road Runner, and also digital phone. Instead, we can get regular phone, slower cable internet, and Digital boxes with DVR and different channel packages.

it is a small town, up Northern California, and therefore al the big city stuff does not al service the small town. I am looking into getting their triple play cable, TV, DVR and regular local phone, and adding a long distance carrier.

other choice might be Direct TV, and the company that might work with them to provide phone and Internet is 'Century Link' but when I called they said they could not find the address of where is am moving, even though the house at one time had cable service running. They said call back when it was regular daytime hours ''mountain time' for more people to search the house address. That sucks when companies cannot find an address so you have to keep going through hoops. Anyways.

I would like to go to Costco, look up the Direct TV stuff there, and also have to find pout of that Century Link company services my address, they said they do service my zip code. The town only has 800 people in it and is really close to a major city anyways. 10 miles?

I read reviews about Direct TV ad lots of bad ones, and on these forums I can't find a dedicated Direct TV forum. The reviews are almost all very negative. I don't want to do long distance relationship business at all, I prefer to work with companies very close to me. I think have Direct TV has offices very close to and around the town I am moving to.

I don't mind a year contract, because I will be there the rest of my life and my wife too. I hear bad things about very long contracts with companies that screw you.

I really want extended channels, box(es) with dvr, long distance (digital phone, and HSIU, High speed Internet. I don't care for DSL.) Direct TV offer a one box that covers al the TV in the house and up to 5 tv programs can be recorded at one time.

Where with Time Warner, the Internet is nice, the digital phone is nice, each tv needs their own digital DVR box and remote.

I really want to look into Direct TV a little more and see if Century link covers my home address with the digital phone and HSI. But the cable, TV, Telco phone and HSI package (you buy all 3 and they give you a whopping $10.00 discount,, woopeee.)

Any advice?

The town is outside of Salem Oregon.
(Green Acres) kidding *** LOLOL

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
kudos:1
Pick your poison

aguen
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:2
reply to RamsteinUSA
You seem to be a little bit geographically challenged here. One minute your moving up to northern Ca., then you mention it's Salem Or., which is the State capitol of Oregon and is in northern Or. Now, without a specific zip code no one can really assist you in your search for an ISP BUT, Charter Cable is available in Salem, but again, no way to know about your exact location.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to RamsteinUSA
said by RamsteinUSA:

I read reviews about Direct TV ad lots of bad ones, and on these forums I can't find a dedicated Direct TV forum. The reviews are almost all very negative. I don't want to do long distance relationship business at all, I prefer to work with companies very close to me. I think have Direct TV has offices very close to and around the town I am moving to.

Regarding the reviews and the number of negative ones, most people don't "review" a product or service when it's good. I'm sure I can find negative reviews on any company or product out there.... Look at WHAT the negative reviews say and determine is it more user-stupidity, lack of knowledge, or truly a fault with the company.

This site combines satellite and cable TV - no dedicated forum for Directv. Go to dbsforums.com if you want a dedicated forum. Be forewarned, they are a PRO-DirecTV site. Same as with satelliteguys.com, they are PRO-Dish. Both have crossover but fact is, they're more focused on the companies I mention.

Directv really doesn't have "local" offices. Their installation group(s) may have a location near you but you can't walk into them and get help, swap receivers, etc like you can with cablecos. Businesses that resell Directv are no different than Walmart selling Sony TVs. It's just another product they sell.