Thanks dp See Profile.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:4
reply to dp

Thanks.

I wish Javacool would make it easier to just protect IE. It is a real hassle to update when you only want IE protected. I'm getting sick of it. I went to update and found that the last update did not "take". There really needs to be a simple, fast way to only update IE.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21
reply to dp

Mele aloha
Did you post that same question or concern over at his forum?
He is very good at responding

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
reply to dp

Thank you, dp.

Expand your moderator at work

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:4

Re: SpywareBlaster Database Update - Aug 21, 2013

What irritates me is that if you do not use the Mozilla cookie protection, after an update, you cannot click on Quick Tasks/Enable all Protection as that turns on the Mozilla protection. There seems to be no quick way to enable protection for the new items for IE. I have to unprotect all items for IE and then protect all items to get the new items protected. I have never understood why, when you update, the new items, BY DEFAULT, REMAIN UNCHECKED WITH NO PROTECTION for them. Seems to me all I should need to do is run an update...not a lot of unchecking and then rechecking to get the new ones enabled. They should be automatically enabled after I do an update and IE protection should be full (including for Restricted zone) without my needing to do anything except run the update.

I thought it was a much better program when there was no Mozilla protection to get in the way of easily updating IE protection. The IE protection is priceless because it sets the killbit on known nasty ActiveX programs so they can't run and do damage. Cookie protection, I handle that by having my browsers reject all third party cookies and "ask me" before setting first party ones (including session). I don't want my cookie manager in Fx and SM overflowing with the added cookies from Javacool's list. Sometimes, I need to locate a cookie I have previously blocked so I can unblock it and all those cookies from SpyWare Blaster make even harder to find the cookie(s) I need to unblock (at least temporarily) for a particular site.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

mele, i don't understand how it is that you are having problems with "spywareblaster", with its automatically blocking cookies, in FF.. i don't have the same problems..

i think you must have "cookie protection", for FF, enabled.. if you don't want it, disable it by unticking the box for FF's "cookie protection"..

the same with IE's "restricted sites protection" and "cookie protection".. just untick the boxes for those if you don't want them..

i only have the "activex protection", for IE, enabled, and, when there is an update, i have to manaully apply the updates for the "activex protection" by using "select all", for the "activex", and then clicking "protect against checked"..

untick the box for "cookie protection", for FF, if you don't want it..