spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tyreman

join:2002-10-08
Canada

Asus RT-N16 Traffic Manager QOS bandwidth info?

Just noticed I am not using QOS as green slide switch is not on and unit is on automatic

To set QOS I need bandwidth settings as quote below

"To enable QoS function, Click the QoS slide switch , and fill in the upload and download bandwidth fields. Get the bandwidth information from your ISP."

Anybody know what you would put in here or just use automatic with QOS slide switch at Off
--
Southern Ontario,Canada

deal1

join:2010-12-27
Mississauga

I suggest you install Tomato firmware and if QOS is one of the main features you want working well then Toastman's version of Tomato is a great choice. He has some good writeups on how to use it linked off his site.

...but to answer your question you would do a few speedtests and then insert a number 20% less than your average actual speed.

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Tyreman

I'll second what deal1 said. If you are really wanting to fine tune and nitpick away at your QOS tomato is much more powerful. Depending on your needs the stock Asus software might be good enough. Deal breaker for me with the 66u was I wasn't able to specify an entire IP block or range so I couldn't properly manage my backup software.

c_gadfly

join:2008-05-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to deal1

said by deal1:

I suggest you install Tomato firmware and if QOS is one of the main features you want working well then Toastman's version of Tomato is a great choice. He has some good writeups on how to use it linked off his site.

...but to answer your question you would do a few speedtests and then insert a number 20% less than your average actual speed.

Pretty solid advice. I have been using Toastman for about a year with a VOIP setup. I have been using 15% less than my actual speed and it has given me no problems. YMMV.

chaseme

join:2011-09-12
Terrasse-Vaudreuil, QC
reply to Tyreman

deal1 hit it. I've been doing this for over 2yrs now and zero complaints.