spc
uniqs
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee to graniterock

to graniterock

Re: [Cable] 10 mbps up "Plus" packages

What do you think start would do if rogers starts to offer the 10mbps up to every package for free like cogeco is doing, haha. just stop charging? i guess they would have to because everyone else would be giving it for "free"

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by mikee:

What do you think start would do if rogers starts to offer the 10mbps up to every package for free like cogeco is doing, haha. just stop charging? i guess they would have to because everyone else would be giving it for "free"

Considering Rogers just upgraded everyone from 1Mbit to 2/3/4M upload I highly doubt it will happen any time soon. Especially since Rogers doesn't actually compete with Cogeco at all.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Bell has 25/10 and 50/10... In the same footprint.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by TSI Marc:

of course, but they've had 10M for a while too and Rogers' response was to increase the upload just this year to 2/3/4M and 10M for the 150 package.

the person I responded to asked if Cogeco going to 10M upload would pressure Rogers. i guess reading his post again maybe he meant simply following Cogeco but I just don't see it happening this year or next with the new speeds being finally made available on the upload.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Right and to do more than that it would have been very difficult without, say, changing all the RF frequencies and causing major problems everywhere and causing significant delays across the board... Sound familiar?

Either way.. Time will tell. We will be good to go either way..
ry29
join:2010-05-12

ry29 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Hence my recent switch back to dsl. I figure rCable would never catch up anytime soon
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Unfortunately bell still only goes up to 6/1 for most of London. However start is advertising the 10 for London postal codes for cable.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

right, anywhere where 150/10 speeds are available...