how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hishammsm

join:2013-08-20

Help with router stats D-link DSL-2370U

Hello Everyone,

i need your help in figuring out the problem with my line, i face random loss of inter net however i don't loose sync, the only thing i notice is that the moment i have no internet the downstream output power drops dramatically, i have to restart the router to fix this; also below is the stats of my line, its from a D-link DSL-2370U its reading 1024/253 where it should be 1024/256 kbps

Mode: ADSL_G.dmt.bis
Traffic Type: ATM
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis): On On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB): 233 278
Attenuation (0.1 dB): 575 385
Output Power (0.1 dBm): 0 126
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 4256 928

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 1024 253

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1

Make sure your phone lines are properly set up and signal is to spec going to the Modem. Ask the ISP to ensure the phone lines are in good working order and signal is good. Ensure the phone lines are properly filtered as well where needed.

hishammsm

i am sure that nothing has changed from my side, the funny thing is that all of a sudden i noticed that my upstream attenuation jumped from 31.5 to 38.5 and upstream SNR jumped from 22 to 27 ! also the downstream output power used to be in the range of 11:16 now it is ZERO ! i am completely lost in here. And for sure ISP confirms that nothing wrong and the readings are with in the "Acceptable Range" .

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to hishammsm

I would factory reset the Modem and set it up from scratch and check the status...

If this still fails, you should contact D-Link support and inquire about additional help and support.

hishammsm

i already tried another modem and its almost the same results, i just need to understand the sudden change in values.

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to hishammsm

If the same thing happens on a different modem then I would guess that the problem is with the phone line services, signal and the conditions with the ISP services. You need to contact your ISP and have a tech come to your place and check the lines and single. The tech will have more information about those levels.

hishammsm

alright mate, thanks a lot

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to hishammsm

Post back if you get some information.

hishammsm

it appears that my ISP has changed the line modulation as a part of troubleshooting and it made things worse, once they changed it back things went back to normal

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to hishammsm

Hope it does too.