Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LeftOfSanity
People Suck.

join:2005-11-06
Dover, DE

Why?

Why would Comcast even care? All they did was verify an IP address to an account. I think maybe they have an over zealous lawyer somewhere.
--
"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it" - Mitch Hedberg

Sterling
IP Support Tier III
Premium
join:2003-05-30
Pittsburgh, PA
It's probably very likely because the document contains CPNI which puts public info with private info, being the ip addy and what maybe private numbers

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter
I am guessing it was an automated system that flagged it for the terms COMCAST and probably a few others, but it was largely sent without human eyes ever checking it. This is the number one issue with takedown requests from automated systems. They are wrong so often, and yet, even if they are, its a lengthy process to fight it, so its just easier to comply. Automated enforcement systems are great for finding the content, but the stuff that gets flagged should be checked by a human to see if its legit before a misfire like this happens. This is likely over a public record too, which is even more sad.

FailOverflow

join:2011-02-23
united state
And yet even though the laws state that the DMCA claim needs to correct under penalty of perjury, major companies that use simply abuse the automated means abuse the system and no one seems to care.
--
All hail my invisible zombie in the sky who watches everything you do and sends you to fictional places when you die.

meeeeeeeeee

join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY
There IS no penalty for perjury... Ask the NSA boys and Congress.