spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan

[Exede] WildBlueworld 'Will be back soon'

Wonder what's happening over at the company forum?

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

Wasn't the WildBlue brand being killed off entirely eventually?
ExSatUser
join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to JSheridan

to JSheridan
Perhaps got hit by a hacking attack. Sometimes some real irrate users get on there and post all over the place.

Who knows.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
said by Karl Bode:

Wasn't the WildBlue brand being killed off entirely eventually?

No, their legacy product is still WildBlue as is their email addresses, web sites, etc.

The actual name of their company forum is WildBlue / Exede World and it's usually pretty active. Today it just says 'Will be back soon'.
JSheridan

JSheridan

Here's the latest...

"The forum is currently undergoing maintenance, and should be back on Friday, Aug. 23. We're sorry for any inconvenience. If you need support, please email us at exedelistens@viasat.com."
ExSatUser
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to JSheridan

to JSheridan
They do monitor this board too...but that would be too much to ask for an explanation on what happened because we never seem to get any explanations to questions on there.

They pretty much delay, stall, etc. for any real technical questions. And hope people will just drop the subject and forget about the issue...which usually does seem to happen...lol.

wm4bama
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama to JSheridan

to JSheridan
The Exede/WB forum is now back online..
wm4bama

wm4bama

The forum is off-line again this morning..
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

Have you seen their new 'community'?

»community.exede.com/exede
ExSatUser
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to JSheridan

to JSheridan
Yea. They wanted to attract a "larger" audience. They must have attracted somebody. A poster on there thinks the new Exede Evolution plan looks great...lol.
wh7qq
join:2012-06-12

wh7qq to JSheridan

to JSheridan
See: »community.exede.com/exed ··· ommunity

Looks like they want to be sure that it is a "happy" place and that they dump those of us who have been frequent posters that value our privacy and don't wish to reveal our identity (even if most of us have been helpful to users with problems and positive about Exede). So one big happy family, posting nothing but smileys about Exede and giving out our identities all over the web for spammers and crooks to feed on.
ViaSat
join:2012-02-08

ViaSat to JSheridan

to JSheridan
The new forum does some things that the existing WildBlue World forum doesn't do:

1. It's easy to integrate into other social media, like Facebook.
2. It can be tied into our online Knowledge Base, to help people find relevant help articles that already exist for faster solutions to problems and questions.
3. It can be tied into our customer support team, for better, faster support.

We launched the WildBlue World community back in August 2008, and are strong supporters of providing customers with a way to directly talk with people in customer service and at our corporate office. But let's face it: only a very small portion of customers have ever even seen the current forum, let alone registered and asked a question. We think that this new community will provide better tools for more customers to get their questions answered, and ultimately provide better support to a bigger audience.

wh7qq, we do not sanitize the comments on the forum (with exceptions for profanity, vulgarity, and threatening language; if you've seen our existing forum, you know that's true). We're very accepting and permissive about letting people comment positively or negatively about their experiences with our service. Also, although the new forum community can link to facebook profiles, you can create an anonymous identity without doing so, if you prefer.
wh7qq

1 edit

wh7qq

@Viasat

The source of my confusion is this:
quote:
Be yourself
We appreciate visitors to this forum being honest and truthful about who you are. Don't misrepresent yourself or fib about your identity, affiliations, etc. This community is based on the contributions of real people, so please be up front.
The above quote was copied and pasted directly from the Exede Community Guidelines.

I appreciate your clarification and hope that you continue to allow free and open discourse on the forum as has been refreshingly the case on the Wildblue forum. I think you'll agree that most of us regulars have been supportive of your product/company and have honestly tried to provide helpful responses to other customers experiencing difficulty even though that might occasionally be a bit too frank with regard to the foibles and limitations of the service. Satellite internet is clearly "not for everyone".

Be advised that this "regular" does not do social media such as twitter or facebook and their ilk precisely because of the security risks they pose to their users through excessive exposure of personally identifiable information. A trog? Perhaps, but way too old to change.
ExSatUser
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to JSheridan

to JSheridan
The new "community" is the same look and style as what Hughesnet has. I am not sure Viasat wants to get in the habit of emulating anything Hughesnet does.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

said by ExSatUser:

The new "community" is the same look and style as what Hughesnet has. I am not sure Viasat wants to get in the habit of emulating anything Hughesnet does.

Ain't that the truth.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to JSheridan

Premium Member

to JSheridan
All "Get Satisfaction" boards look the same. And they all function the same. They kill the community aspect of forums and are geared toward the simple copy/paste problem solving so their support team doesn't actually have to do anything.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

said by silbaco:

They kill the community aspect of forums and are geared toward the simple copy/paste problem solving so their support team doesn't actually have to do anything.

KISS - 1-800-TRUCK-ROLL

No CSRs required...have customer input account number...it ends all that "whining."

Prediction - End of WBW is coming....
david0808
join:2013-08-24
College Station, TX

david0808 to JSheridan

to JSheridan
said by JSheridan:

That's a pitiful excuse for a website to take the place of the forums.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

said by david0808:

said by JSheridan:

That's a pitiful excuse for a website to take the place of the forums.

I think I read a post from a ViaSat rep that said they intend to leave the forum the way it is. I hope so. IMHO the 'community' doesn't even come close.
wh7qq

wh7qq to JSheridan

to JSheridan
quote:
I think I read a post from a ViaSat rep that said they intend to leave the forum the way it is. I hope so. IMHO the 'community' doesn't even come close.
If its a choice between the "community" and DSLReports.com, guess who wins? The "community" will be about as effective as the FAQ and have equal credibility with users with problems.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

said by wh7qq:

quote:
If its a choice between the "community" and DSLReports.com, guess who wins? The "community" will be about as effective as the FAQ and have equal credibility with users with problems.

Agreed! The 'community' looks like it will be for new users posting their complaint and a ViaSat rep telling them to email them about it. Nothing like the free exchange of all kinds of information in the forum that has been really great for the past several years.
ExSatUser
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to JSheridan

to JSheridan
Unfortunately it is our society today. Nobody wants to get and exchange real information and ideas. They just want to post something in 160 characters or less and then move on. I am not seeing any real value in this "community". It is like reading the posts from their Facebook page. Sad.

EarthSignal
Earthsignal
Premium Member
join:2002-10-03
Burlington, IA

EarthSignal to JSheridan

Premium Member

to JSheridan
Don't see any reason to use the new forum. Looks like it requires new signup and all the old threads are history. Lots of useful information and names gone.
ExSatUser
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to JSheridan

to JSheridan
Real forum appears to be up and running again. Not that faux "community" where ridiculous questions are posted and answered by Hughesnet Sara...err I mean Exede Elizabeth.
wh7qq

1 edit

wh7qq to JSheridan

to JSheridan
www.isitdownrightnow.com reports wildblueworld.com giving a 404 error. That is the top wbworld page..but the forum page is still up. Interesting.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

said by wh7qq:

www.isitdownrightnow.com reports wildblueworld.com giving a 404 error. Looks like they shut it down.

Like OldSatUser said it's back online and is working fine here too. Hopefully it stays that way.
viasatguy
Premium Member
join:2002-06-11
Carlsbad, CA

viasatguy to wh7qq

Premium Member

to wh7qq
seems to be up and working now.
wh7qq

1 edit

wh7qq

Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at wildblueworld.com

9:29am HST

Tried two separate browsers...no joy.
smokey92070
join:2012-12-19
Santa Ysabel, CA

smokey92070

Up and running for me on chrome. Glad it is back , there is no satisfaction in the "Get Satisfaction" hughesnet look alike.

james1979
Premium Member
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA

james1979 to ViaSat

Premium Member

to ViaSat
said by ViaSat:

The new forum does some things that the existing WildBlue World forum doesn't do:

Yeah, it makes me sick because it reminds me so much of the HughesNet Community. You might as well hire Sarah and Suz to join the forum and read scripted responses beginning with "We're so sorry. What's your case number? We can't help you until you spend an hour on the phone while rebooting your modem and clearing your browser cache, and then it's all your router's fault. We're so sorry." (Yeah, I'm stealing Gwalk's line, but I don't think he'll mind.)

Or as I just posted on WildblueWorld:

The Exede Community Forum reminds me of the HughesNet Community forum, and therefore it makes me sick à la the The Ludovico Technique in "A Clockwork Orange."