uniqs

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

[Bill] How much to Pay?

It looks like Comcast has fixed the issue with them claiming my modem is their modem. I had an online chat that confirmed it and received a response to my email to the customer experience team that also confirmed it. (Fingers crossed I don't eed to do this every month.

So my on line bill shows for the sake of argument:
Recurring charges: $46.99 ( Performance at $39.99 + $7.00 modem)
Onetime charges: $30.00 ( Install fee)
Tax and fees: $0.79 ( BS stuff)
Total Due Sept 1 $77.78

Then below all this there are
Pending Credits $7.45

If the pending credits were applied to the current bill I would owe $70.33 on Sept 1 not the $77.78.

So has anyone had pending credits on their bill and if so, when do the credits apply? If I pay the $70.33 on Sept 1, will my account be "overdue" by $7.45 or will the pending credits apply and make me current?

Yea, $7.00 is really not a lot in the grand scheme of life, but it is a matter of principal to pay what is owed, no more no less.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

2 edits

Darknessfall

Premium Member

The pending credits are applied on your next bill that is created. So, if you try to get something credited on a bill that is already billed, it won't be applied until the next.

You can either pay 77.78 this month and there will be a $7.45 credit on next month's bill

orrrrr

You can pay $70.33 and it'll be $7.45 left over until the bill renews and cancels itself(The $7.45) out.

At least that's what I've been told when I had my credit applied this month for next month's bill.

You shouldn't be late if you choose the second option. The new bill coming up should be created well before it counts as late. Would have to pay it sooner after the bill renews though to avoid late charges I would assume(Maybe depending on how it works).

To be honest, it's probably easier to pay the full thing this month if you can.

Hope this helps .
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND

travelguy to pende_tim

to pende_tim
It's a bit like depending on a credit card credit to apply towards your minimum payment. In theory it should work, but do you really want to bet on it? I'd wait for the credit to actually post.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to pende_tim

Premium Member

to pende_tim
Do you KNOW what the credit is for?
If it's refund for the partial month, you can be sure it will be credited before the new bill is calculated, if you are no sure, calling billing will tell you EXACTLY what you are REQUIRED to pay this month.
Since the late pay fee can be $15 for even a penny being late (never actually billed) it seems safest to pay it all, and only pay about $41 the next month

pende_tim
Premium Member
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

This is my first bill from them as I am a new customer.
The $7.45 is listed as a "credit prorate". It is for the modem rental fee that I should not have been charged as I owned the modem.
pende_tim

pende_tim to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
Paying the full amount is not a problem; I am just trying to understand the process of how credits are applied and what I actually owe.

tshirt said in a earlier post that even if I am a penny overdue Comcast can hit me with a late fee. Well can I hit Comcast with a late fee if they do not process my credit in time for the billing cycle's end date? Just kidding, but get my drift?

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

OT but how did you get your MM colors out of sync?
can't be a single shifting image (I tried that before) is it a seed based on post time?

WhOA! I refreshed and now they sync, the mind boggles

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to pende_tim

Premium Member

to pende_tim
said by pende_tim:

Paying the full amount is not a problem; I am just trying to understand the process of how credits are applied and what I actually owe.

tshirt said in a earlier post that even if I am a penny overdue Comcast can hit me with a late fee. Well can I hit Comcast with a late fee if they do not process my credit in time for the billing cycle's end date? Just kidding, but get my drift?

I don't remember the exact date, but I think late fee is if you're 30 days or so after the due by date. Don't quote me on that though.
said by tshirt:

OT but how did you get your MM colors out of sync?
can't be a single shifting image (I tried that before) is it a seed based on post time?

WhOA! I refreshed and now they sync, the mind boggles

pende_tim
Premium Member
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
Those guys and Ms Green are very tricky. LOL.
their worst trick is when you to sweep them, especially the peanuts, up off the floor if they happen to spill. You would be amazed how far they roll to avoid the broom and dustpan in the factory.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

I don't remember the exact date, but I think late fee is if you're 30 days or so after the due by date. Don't quote me on that though.

It's less then I thought
ALL DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS ARE SUBJECT TO A
$7.99 ADMINISTRATIVE LATE FEE.

No real explanation of delinquent, but most user are actually prepaying 20-30 days of service, depending on your exact billing dates.
I just always pay by the due date.
FloridaGuy3
join:2013-08-22

FloridaGuy3 to pende_tim

to pende_tim
I would just pay the full amount and wait for a credit. Comcast are like the mob, they just want their money. They are a monopoly as there are no other comparable ISP to switch to in most places.