Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
reply to emike

Re: Severe network problem, unbelievable pore customer support

There is direct support you can reach via this site:

»AT&T Direct

you could also post the site in question here and fellow Uverse customers could help corroborate.
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to emike
Sounds like you need to speak with someone at NOC. I think we have, or at least had, at least one person from NOC that would stop in every once in awhile.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
I think that might be David See Profile, or at least he knows people who work in the AT&T NOC.
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
reply to emike

Sounds like you need to get in touch with the folks in the Direct forum and provide them trace routes, and the ACTUAL addresses of these "sites" that don't work and let them investigate.

emike

join:2013-08-21
Itasca, IL

1 edit

Severe network problem, unbelievable poor customer support

I've had a severe network problem with U-Verse Internet for almost 6 months now.

3 months ago I narrowed the problem down to AT&T U-Verse.

TCP connections to specific destinations hang. I can even have a TCPdump on both
ends, and SEE the packets flowing out of one end, but not getting through.

For these specific sites, all TCP connections hang anywhere from 0 seconds to 60 seconds
after connecting. I *CAN* connect!

Ping works fine. The only problem is with TCP: HTTP, RDP (remote desktop), SSH, VNC, ...

When I have a problem with a specific site, I have the problem 100% of the time. MOST
IMPORTANTLY, 3 colleagues who also have AT&T have the SAME problem from their home.
We all live in different suburbs of Chicago.

OK, so I've tried to explain the problem to AT&T. 4 times they dispatched a technician to my
house. Each time I showed them the problem, they said they couldn't fix it. They would
"escalate" it. And each time I never heard back.

5 times I've been forwarded to the "pay" service group (ConnectTech) when it is obvious that
the problem is not with my home equipment.

Once I went through the customer advocacy group, with the conclusion (again) that there is
nothing wrong with the AT&T network (we can "ping" it).

I STILL HAVE A SEVERE PROBLEM, AND I CAN'T GET ANYONE AT AT&T TO GIVE A S#$$!T

Help!

Update: Called and was automatically dispatched a technician. Swapped out the 3801 with a 3800. One of my colleagues couldn't remember having the problem before he got upgraded. Didn't help.

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
See Dennis's and Xsk8er's posts.