All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mega_fib
@bell.ca

mega_fib

Anon

Bell recognized for 'excellence' in corporate governance?!

GUFFAW!!!! Are you kidding me?
quote:
"Since 1880, Bell has upheld the highest ethical and operational standards in every aspect of our business."
»www.bce.ca/news-and-medi ··· vernance
George Cope et al. must have burst out into fits of hysterical laughter when their public relations spin doctors conjured up this whopper!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

Corporate governance has little to do with how the company relates to the public. It has to do with a lot of very technical standards and legislative qualifications. Your sarcasm is somewhat misplaced.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

DKS ... it does say "in every aspect of our business."

But the bottom line is that they have gone a long way on that road to maintaining dividend and share value ... which is a good chunk of what the recognition was about.

But our view of corporate governance sadly has changed to be so driven by greed instead of the necessary balance between the benefits to consumers (after all consumers are what allow them to exist) and the benefits to shareholders.

Statements like this first evoke the same kind of reaction as mega_fib and then sadness that our society has allowed this to happen. It's like these assorted movies about TV networks stopping at nothing (including death) to maintain ratings (the last one I saw on TV was "The Runner" but there are many of them).

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by sbrook:

But the bottom line is that they have gone a long way on that road to maintaining dividend and share value ... which is a good chunk of what the recognition was about.

And which is the primary focus of corporate governance in the private sector.

But our view of corporate governance sadly has changed to be so driven by greed instead of the necessary balance between the benefits to consumers (after all consumers are what allow them to exist) and the benefits to shareholders.

I would love to see the board's own quality report card to see if any aspect of customer service is included and if it is, how well Bell management says they have done in meeting their goals.