spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bob billiard

@bhn.net

Al Jazeera?

What is the deal with this? I keep seeing articles about AT&T being sued and bright house comes up as well for not carrying the channel?

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
I don't think many are really all that interested in that channel. Maybe they would be better off airing on HULU. We use to watch a few shows on a channel formerly known as Current TV until it was bought out.
--
Taft CA Bright House Customer Since 2003 Lightning 60/5 Motorola SB6141

bob billiard

@bhn.net

1 edit

Al Jazeera English has almost two million followers on Twitter, I don't know how well of a measure that is but it seems to be fairly popular.

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
reply to bob billiard
Current TV got bought by Al Jazeera. Al Jazeera decided to rebrand the channel as Al Jazeera America. TWC and BHN dropped Current TV over low viewership numbers I believe. AT&T had agreed to carry the new Al Jazeera America channel, but changed their mind the night before the channel launched and pulled it.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..

1 edit
reply to bob billiard

Al Jazeera America is actual journalism, unlike the garbage that's shown on Fox News and MSNBC. It's unbiased, factual journalism with no bias.

I wouldn't expect Brighthouse to carry this channel. Since Time Warner negotiates all of their deals, it's unlikely to happen (on top of the fact that Brighthouse seems to have trouble negotiating all their deals lately). Time Warner pulled out when Current TV was bought by Al Jazeera,
I'm glad I have DirecTV for my television needs.

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL

1 edit
reply to bob billiard
If you want to watch this Al-Qaeda propaganda channel you could always watch it online. Please add CNN International

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL
But we do have CNNI... at least here in the CFL market (32904). Isn't it available where you live?

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
said by Flashfox:

But we do have CNNI... at least here in the CFL market (32904). Isn't it available where you live?

Not in Tampa Bay market. I had it on Verizon FiOS and seemed much better then the garbage on regular CNN which was just the spin of the day to get ratings.

yimitz

join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI
reply to bob billiard
CNNI is not available in the Michigan market either.

aries1973

join:2013-06-18
Orlando, FL
reply to bob billiard
Actually Time Warner is currently negotiating a deal to bring the channel to Time Warner and Brighthouse.

mdoneil

join:2000-03-11
Clearwater, FL

1 edit
reply to bob billiard

In fact if BHN adds it I'll cancel my service.

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHN, please add it. I beg of you. I'll never watch it, I just like reading about people getting bent out of shape over TV networks that can easily be blocked or *gasp* not tuned to.

Art Deco

join:2011-04-27
reply to bob billiard
I'm going to bet the people who get bent out of shape about it have never even watched it (it's available online and you can stream it through a Roku).

ShadowFoxBiH

join:2013-04-27
Port Richey, FL
I agree with you, it's a worldwide news channel not some terrorist news network like some people make it out to be, I have watched it multiple times

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
reply to bob billiard
When Al-Jazerra and Time Warner Cable come to an agreement, Bright House will likely add it.

Art Deco

join:2011-04-27
said by HDOrlando:

When Al-Jazerra and Time Warner Cable come to an agreement, Bright House will likely add it.

And that they have done:

»variety.com/2013/tv/news/time-wa ··· 0757053/

Guess it should be showing up soon.

HDOrlando

reply to bob billiard
Likely in both SD and HD.

Were also getting Ovation SD/HD back in January so both channels (Al Jazerra used to be current) that were dropped last year are coming back.

I want Pivot though.

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL
reply to bob billiard
I'd like to see Sky News added.. when I'm up all night, I want some live TV, and get some OZ and UK/Europe news.. Dunno if you can add it or not... if they sell it to US markets ??

Pixiloxx

join:2013-08-15
Melbourne, FL
reply to bob billiard
This makes me very happy! Love Al Jazeera .

Sky News is only available on Roku, Apple TV and FTA sat dishes here in the US.

noomi

join:2001-04-14
Beverly Hills, FL
»www.livestation.com/

All the shows you want!

HDOrlando

reply to bob billiard
If we do not get more Starz/Encore/Plex HD in the notice next week, Al-Jazeera HD becomes a strong possibility for this quarter.

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
reply to Ziroc
said by Ziroc:

I'd like to see Sky News added.. when I'm up all night, I want some live TV, and get some OZ and UK/Europe news.. Dunno if you can add it or not... if they sell it to US markets ??

Sky News is available in HD on a ROKU device. I watch it after the local news in the morning since I just have phone and internet service now. Oddly enough it is interesting considering it is the Fox News of the UK from what i hear lol. And I am not a huge Fox News fan.