Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

It's a start

I'd say this is a start towards getting Satellite to be a bit more reasonable in terms of the caps. The question is, what defines a file transfer? In reality, a file transfer is performed when surfing, and on top of that, many transfers are done to load up dynamic page content (Images, Stylesheets). The question is, will "Surfing" be classified as simply HTML docs or will it include things such as pictures required for a web page? I'm assuming the latter in this one.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by Smith6612:

I'd say this is a start towards getting Satellite to be a bit more reasonable in terms of the caps.

How? The cap is 5 GB? Oh 2 hours of Netflix per month. Sounds awesome. Unlimited "normal browsing" which is actually likely to be less than 5 GB per month. The 10 GB plan for $50 is a better deal. There is no cap between 12 AM and 5 AM so you can schedule your uploads then.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

This plan is NOT targeted to those who want to use Netflix. its for BROWSING and EMAIL. Not streaming.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to 88615298

Right. But, unlimited browsing and e-mail, and from the sounds of things without being throttled to dial-up speeds or overbilled because you ran across your cap accidentally. That's the way I'm taking this, but I suppose there's always the chance I'm glossing over something, or not looking at the bigger picture.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to TBBroadband

said by TBBroadband:

This plan is NOT targeted to those who want to use Netflix. its for BROWSING and EMAIL. Not streaming.

And if you're just browsing an e-mail you can get by on the 10 GB plan that's $50. So why pay $65?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by 88615298:

said by TBBroadband:

And if you're just browsing an e-mail you can get by on the 10 GB plan that's $50. So why pay $65?

Gotta wonder if youtube is included in the "video streaming" portion or not.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

Youtube will count against the 5GB cap.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by silbaco:

Youtube will count against the 5GB cap.

Link? Source?
--

Dru2u

join:2013-03-06
united state

said by Nightfall:

Gotta wonder if youtube is included in the "video streaming" portion or not"

Hey, if you wanted to ask an easy question to find the answer for, but not seek the answer yourself, then you don't have much of a foot to stand on when asking someone else to cite their sources. Don't be surprised when you ask a simple, easy question to figure out on your own, and people give you a simple answer without showing their work.

talz13

join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH
reply to Nightfall

I bet the youtube page itself will load, but have fun without streaming any videos

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Dru2u

said by Dru2u:

said by Nightfall:

Gotta wonder if youtube is included in the "video streaming" portion or not"

Hey, if you wanted to ask an easy question to find the answer for, but not seek the answer yourself, then you don't have much of a foot to stand on when asking someone else to cite their sources. Don't be surprised when you ask a simple, easy question to figure out on your own, and people give you a simple answer without showing their work.

I looked for the answer, and didn't find it. I asked if someone knew. If someone states an answer, then I would like to see where they found it. After all, we have our sources that we check. The internet is a big place. Nothing wrong with asking for a source.
--

grabacon9

join:2013-08-21

1 edit
reply to Smith6612

Even Images take lots of bandwidth these days because many people use broadband these days. Many websites don't optimize images for caps or low speeds.