spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Manu

@rogers.com

[INTERNET] Start communications no internet for 5 days

Ossington and Bloor--> I don't have Internet service for 5 days, and every time that I call support they say that they don't an update from Rogers, can anyone from Rogers answer on the 3rd party ISP behalf?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Nobody from Roges will answer. Ask Start to escalate to get an answer.

Manu

@rogers.com
They told me that they already escalate my ticket 2 times but they haven't received any answer from them

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
We have about a dozen'ish tickets that we are having problems getting answers on, yours being one of them presumably. Most of these tickets are now in escalation 'c' which is the third and final level with the account manager at Rogers being copied on each of them. Rogers has acknowledged the delay but as of yet has refused to explain why other to say things are supposed to be back to normal in a couple weeks. Of course this isn't acceptable and isn't helping get you back online but rest assured we're doing everything possible to get these tickets cleared. Next step after this level is CRTC involvement. I apologize for the outage and we will keep you in the loop.

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON
It's a busy time of year with back to school and labor day weekend. Most likely back logged, I haven't gotten any confirmation on a move order yet as well. I'm suspecting its going to be delayed, nothing Start can do unfortunately. Rogers sucks.

Manu

@pg.com
reply to rocca
Day 6 and still no internet

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

1 edit
reply to rocca
Perhaps their lone part-time temp worker for (A)TPIA issues is on holiday for two weeks?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
We're seeing a flurry of responses this morning, and from some new names. It's a good sign.

Manu

@rogers.com
And from those flurry responses, do we have an ETA?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
If you PM me your account # I'd be happy to see if yours has been received.

Manu

@rogers.com
7 days no internet -Rogeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers, come on!

Hello rocca, I already called Start communications help desk, and they kindly told me that my tickets is still with Rogers

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Manu :

Hello rocca, I already called Start communications help desk, and they kindly told me that my tickets is still with Rogers

Did you send Rocca your account # yet? He offered to help so maybe you should give him your account # and he will try to speed it up for you!

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
he's the CEO and sometimes can get stuff done faster.

Manu

@rogers.com
reply to rocca
Sorry, new here, what's you email rocca? or how do I sent a private email to rocca?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON
if you click his name on the forums above, you'll be able to send him a message in the yellow box.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
He's anonymous, PMs won't work (he being Manu).

Manu, you should register on the this website so you can PM people, such as rocca.

Manu

@rogers.com
reply to rocca
Sorry, new here, what's you email rocca? or how do I sent a private email to rocca?

rogersmogers

@start.ca
said by Manu:

You read what people are posting you and telling you to do and then you do it.

DavePC

join:2013-08-18
Scarborough, ON
reply to Manu
fyi, roccas email is rocca@start.ca

Manu

join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON
Thanks Dave

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

1 edit
reply to Manu
said by Manu:

Rogers is absolutely putting the boots to TPIA right now. I'm betting people are cancelling indies and going back to Rogers in droves because of all the ticket bullshit.

Unbelievable that Teksavvy, Start and probably others (including CNOC) sit still for this.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
There isn't any sitting going on.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

said by Manu:

Unbelievable that Teksavvy, Start and probably others (including CNOC) sit still for this.

Mike

CNOC is never just sitting around, but it's not like dealing with the CRTC ever gets thing done in short order. The system isn't perfect, and it's evolving step by step to get better by CNOC, all the other consumer groups and IISP CEOs pushing the CRTC with all silly nuances that are holding up the system from being ideal.

You have to remember we're one side of the argument, Robellus and co. are the other side arguing for their camp, the CRTC has to weight both, no matter what we think is right.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by TypeS:

CNOC is never just sitting around, but it's not like dealing with the CRTC ever gets thing done in short order. The system isn't perfect, and it's evolving step by step to get better by CNOC, all the other consumer groups and IISP CEOs pushing the CRTC with all silly nuances that are holding up the system from being ideal.

You have to remember we're one side of the argument, Robellus and co. are the other side arguing for their camp, the CRTC has to weight both, no matter what we think is right.

Well, besides what you and Rogers think is right there's also the court of customer opinion, and in case you haven't noticed, there's blood in the streets in that regard.

It appears having a cable connection in Rogers footprint through TPIA seems to be a very bad idea these days. Shiver me timbers this shit starts dribbling back to Start customers.

Colour me very nervous, and completely unconvinced that anything is being done about it. If something is being done about it, somebody should bloody say something, because the optics off all this is just awful. Awful. I can't in good faith recommend TPIA to anyone in Rogers territory at the moment.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
Ok, "we are doing something about it".

I can't go into more detail here unfortunately.

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON
I can't recommend Rogers to anyone at anytime, even if it was free.

Manu

Toronto, ON
reply to Manu

Re: [INTERNET] Start communications no internet for 9 days

A Rogers technician went to our friends house (also a start customer who has not had internet since last Thursday) and changed all the cables and said the issue was their modem. The technician tried one of his modems and showed them it worked. Up until last Thursday the modem worked. What's going on?! Rogers is not communicating with start but telling start customers the issue is their modem?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
said by Manu:

A Rogers technician went to our friends house (also a start customer who has not had internet since last Thursday) and changed all the cables and said the issue was their modem. The technician tried one of his modems and showed them it worked. Up until last Thursday the modem worked. What's going on?! Rogers is not communicating with start but telling start customers the issue is their modem?

it could very well be his modem, Start should be able to see the notes from the technician.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Manu
said by Manu:

Up until last Thursday the modem worked. What's going on?! Rogers is not communicating with start but telling start customers the issue is their modem?

Quite possibly somebody mis-typed his MAC address when doing a node split or something. I had that happen to me with Teksavvy, and after 11 days of no service I finally bought a new modem so that everyone would be forced to re-enter the info from scratch. The old modem is fine and still working to this day.

Manu

Toronto, ON
reply to Manu

Re: [INTERNET] Start communications no internet for 5 days

The modem worked until there was an outage in our area, telling them that it is the modem when no one has service is a misdirect. Why is rogers saying it is the modem when Start Communications is saying it is Rogers? Any suggestions Rocca?