Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Alan Moore's The Killing Joke

I saw a blurb about a reveal about Alan Moore's graphic Novel, the killing joke.
The reveal is that Batman kills the Joker at the end. Moore never shows Joker dead, but the fact that his laugh cuts off suddenly, well that kind of states the fact Bats just offed the Joker.

»io9.com/grant-morrison-says-alan···56091439

quote:
Grant Morrison claims Alan Moore secretly killed the Joker in 1988

Grant Morrison delivered a bit of a mindfuck on Wednesday. Strangely, he didn't do it in one of his own comics, but by revealing the secret end of Alan Moore's seminal Batman graphic novel The Killing Joke — namely, that Batman actually murders the Joker at the end.

Morrison was talking to Kevin Smith on his podcast when he revealed his take on the story's final panels. Here's the money quote:

“No one gets the end, because Batman kills The Joker. [...] That’s why it’s called The Killing Joke. The Joker tells the ‘Killing Joke’ at the end, Batman reaches out and breaks his neck, and that’s why the laughter stops and the light goes out, ’cause that was the last chance at crossing that bridge. And Alan Moore wrote the ultimate Batman/Joker story [because] he finished it.”

I loved the graphic novel The killing Joke, and now I like it even more.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
I must read this... Presently reading Moore's 2009 which is part of his The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen...