Search similar:

uniqs
ssetta
join:2003-09-17
Natick, MA

1 edit

ssetta

[Comcast Equip] Pixelating on some recorded programs but not others

Okay so I've been having this problem for a few weeks that it appears like nobody has ever heard before. On some recorded programs (and always the same programs but different episodes) about 30 seconds into the recording it will pixelate. It always does it in roughly the same spot and get this, it happens on both DVRs (both DCX3400). And if I have it on the other tuner and watch the same show on live TV it doesn't happen. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?
ssetta

1 edit

ssetta

Re: [DVR] Pixelating on some recorded programs but not others

Why is nobody replying to my question anywhere? I know this is a weird and unusual issue, but it's bugging me and I can't deal with it. I do have a tech scheduled to come out today but I have a feeling it isn't gonna go well. This firmware/software/whatever it is is just getting really old and getting more and more bugs. I wish that I could switch to the X1, but they won't let me because I'm not a Triple Play customer. And I can't switch to Triple Play because a member of our household uses an email address with our current Internet provider and he cannot change it, or else he will go ballistic. It's a shame how that little problem (maybe not little) is creating a roadblock from upgrading from this old, crappy, outdated system. They need to make the X1 available to non-Triple Play customers. Since January, they said they're going to try and make that happen, but every time I call them, they tell me the exact same thing. In order to get the X1 platform, you must be a Triple Play customer. I have a feeling it's always gonna be that way, and non-Triple Play customers will be stuck with this old, outdated crap.