spc
Search similar:

uniqs

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth to Tornado15550

to Tornado15550

Re: [AB] Telus enforcing bandwidth limits now?

said by Tornado15550:

seems as if it hasn't been updated for years! I wonder if the online portal for billing will be revamped with the new website redesign.

Hopefully they will detonate and finally destroy all the ancient links that were abandoned and stop with all the mini-redirects in the url.

Links to the site rebuild. Seems they would like comments.
»labs.telus.com/blog/about/

»labs.telus.com/blog/the- ··· edesign/

Lets see.....
Stop asking me for my location. Shit like that makes me black list the scripts that do that shit.
Otherwise the new site seems to be designed for touch pads. Keep dumbing down the interface for dumb less skilled users.
mealto
join:2002-01-03

mealto to Tornado15550

to Tornado15550
said by Tornado15550:

said by humanfilth:

In your online portal for billing, there is a section that was added seven something years ago about bandwidth overages and stuff, but never was implemented with anything in it. Under 'internet account' and 'usage reminders'.

On that note, the Telus 'Your Account' looks so old and clunky. It doesn't even expand to fit your browser. It seems as if it hasn't been updated for years! I wonder if the online portal for billing will be revamped with the new website redesign.

If you look hard enough, there is a section called Dial Up!

South_of_22
join:2009-03-23

South_of_22 to tablo

to tablo
Funny.
I used 630ish gigs of 400 last billing cycle as per my own monitoring. Yet my E.Bill shows that I only used 198gigs.

I'm not complaining, It just shows that it is a broken system.
xdesintyx
join:2013-09-25
Chilliwack, BC

xdesintyx to Symtex

to Symtex
said by Symtex:

said by BxB:

SHould have signed any long term contract just to get the TV.

Telus is not only enforcing monthly usage limited which I never go over (30 GB per month) , they are also throttling torrent of which I am a causal user (they didn't admit it throttling the first time, but eventually did).

The problem is that western Canada is dominated by Shaw and Telus, they do what they want, customers get screwed!

Whoever told you we were throttling has no idea what he was talking about. Can you please stop spreading that crap. On the other hand, Shaw really does throttle.

What? Lier. Telus does throttle. Infact, I have evidence here that Telus does for a fact throttle. My internet was almost completely unusable for one week. At first I didn't mind so much as I only checked my email, and went to a few sites, but after a few days of having my internet not working properly, I took a few speed tests to see what my current internet speed was at. I've been paying all of my internet bills every month..I've never once went over my monthly bandwidth as most of my internet useage is just browsing websites and email, without downloading much, and I don't torrent either. I finally got a tech out and they fixed it, but still, I feel like Telus owes me money for that week. I have many more links than this, but here is a sample of what my week from isp hell looked like:

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 79501926
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 79867957
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 83612530
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 84394815
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88165176
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88222435
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88252972
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88980608
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88987148
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 89318639
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

said by xdesintyx:

said by Symtex:

said by BxB:

SHould have signed any long term contract just to get the TV.

Telus is not only enforcing monthly usage limited which I never go over (30 GB per month) , they are also throttling torrent of which I am a causal user (they didn't admit it throttling the first time, but eventually did).

The problem is that western Canada is dominated by Shaw and Telus, they do what they want, customers get screwed!

Whoever told you we were throttling has no idea what he was talking about. Can you please stop spreading that crap. On the other hand, Shaw really does throttle.

What? Lier. Telus does throttle. Infact, I have evidence here that Telus does for a fact throttle. My internet was almost completely unusable for one week. At first I didn't mind so much as I only checked my email, and went to a few sites, but after a few days of having my internet not working properly, I took a few speed tests to see what my current internet speed was at. I've been paying all of my internet bills every month..I've never once went over my monthly bandwidth as most of my internet useage is just browsing websites and email, without downloading much, and I don't torrent either. I finally got a tech out and they fixed it, but still, I feel like Telus owes me money for that week. I have many more links than this, but here is a sample of what my week from isp hell looked like:

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 79501926
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 79867957
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 83612530
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 84394815
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88165176
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88222435
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88252972
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88980608
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 88987148
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 89318639

Do you even have any idea what throttling is ? We don't even have any DPI switch installed in the network. There could be millions of reason why you were having issue with you connection. None of them has anything to do with throttling or your poor speed test.

Now that being said, those speed test were atrocious and not normal at all. You can ask for a compensation for degradation. It was obvious you had an issue.
85160670 (banned)
"If U know neither the enemy nor yoursel
join:2013-09-17
Edmonton, AB

85160670 (banned) to xdesintyx

to xdesintyx
Here is the real throttling test site :

85160670 (banned)

>>broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php

humanfilth
river styx

humanfilth to xdesintyx

to xdesintyx
said by xdesintyx:

My internet was almost completely unusable for one week. .... I finally got a tech out and they fixed it,

So what was the fix?

I've seen that particular error before. Been awhile though.
The upload and download get stuck extra low and both their speeds are the same speed.
Can't remember if its a profile error or modem partial crash error.

spock8
join:2012-07-08

spock8 to xdesintyx

to xdesintyx
The tech fixed your throttling? That wasn't throttling. That also happened in August for one week, time to let it go and move on.
xdesintyx
join:2013-09-25
Chilliwack, BC

xdesintyx

Who let it go? I never said anything about that. Your're an idiot for saying that. But yes, I have let it go, my internet was fine after it was fixed. It's been a month or so? I also tried a few different shaping tools such as glasnos, but it was difficult to find any that worked without java or flash. A tool came up as not detecting any network shaping, but I thought otherwise. To Symtex, call me as misinformed, but I thought that my speeds were due to throttling. It wasn't my modem or anything on my end though, so it may have been a profile crash on the Telus end possibly then.
bluenote73
join:2009-02-17
Canada

bluenote73

After throwing around words like "Lier" you should probably apologize.
WackyGaru
join:2009-02-10
Grande Prairie, AB

WackyGaru

I'm not even sure what the word "lier" means...

SB7
@mullvad.net

SB7

Anon

Oh come on, you know what "Lier" means.... someone who lies in wait to ambush .... an unsuspecting "expert on throttling" .... You can see how Symtex waited to pounce , attacking him with logic reasoning and actual inside knowledge of what goes on at Telus ... What a "lier" ! LOL perish the thought.

I was waiting for him to apologize, as Symtex certainly deserves it.
queerDSL
join:2003-07-08
Vancouver, BC

queerDSL to tablo

to tablo
Well on my September 2013 bill, issued Sept 11, my usage of Internet 15 adds up to 168 GB but makes no reference to it being above the 150 GB cap. But what's also interesting is that the usage details only go until September 3rd.

I just got back from a vacation, and while I was away my roommate did a lot of Netflix on Chromecast. According to the Tomato router stats, 171 GB has been used in the last 30 days so we definitely busted 150. But I just got my October Telus bill and... the usage stats are actually completely missing.

humanfilth
river styx

humanfilth

said by queerDSL:

the usage stats are actually completely missing.

I had the same thing a couple of bills ago with only 3/4 of the month showing. The Telus counter goes into sleep-mode or what, and occasionally a couple of days may be missing off of other bills.
queerDSL
Vancouver, BC

queerDSL to tablo

to tablo
So in other words if you bust your bandwidth cap, then random technological quirks will decide whether Telus cares.

humanfilth
river styx

humanfilth

said by queerDSL:

So in other words if you bust your bandwidth cap, then random technological quirks will decide whether Telus cares.

Yep. But in the grand scheme of the ISP's, there are those customers who pay their bills, no matter what strange and impossible things are on that bill. Then there are the customers who go "bloody impossible" and loudly dispute.

Still a better counter than Cogeco's, who knows the customer is always wrong when it comes to the bandwidth meters and pay your bill NOW or bad credit comes your way.
Various articles here: »/bl ··· ?cat=189
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to tablo

to tablo
the more ya all talk about Bandwidth caps and if telus will enforce them will make telus take notice and actually start enforcing them and ruining it all for the rest of us
queerDSL
Vancouver, BC

queerDSL to tablo

to tablo
Well now that I've learned to set up my router to save daily bandwidth logs to a network share, I can always compare my records with theirs once their bandwidth counter starts working again.

Does one typically get a warning before getting forced to upgrade?
tablo
join:2011-06-30
Edmonton, AB

tablo

It's probably that they call you with a warning, forcing you to upgrade.