dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
abcdefghi3
join:2006-09-29

abcdefghi3

[Connectivity] Slow Progress - Anything I can do or just wait?

I tried to reply to my original topic here:
»[Connectivity] What is involved in Comcast extending coverage ar

But, for some reason am unable to do so, hence the new thread. The last update I got from the county was that they believed the distance to a street that is diagonally across from my house should be covered under the franchise agreement. They had contacted Comcast, who came back saying that all the power supplies needed to be replaced (that's the only information I have). I attached a picture to somewhat show where things are, the picture shows:

Green rectangle - my house
Red rectangle - neighbors house
Black dots - pole
Purple line - existing Comcast line
Red circle - other houses
Blue line - Where the county believe Comcast should provide coverage to based on the number of houses.
Black line - Roads

It's not to scale, but the road going diagonally across the middle is approximately 0.25 miles. The agreement says that where there are more than 20 houses per mile density, that coverage should be provided. Per the county, this area calculates out to 34.8 houses per mile density, which should qualify.

So, where does that leave me? Is it just a waiting game at this point? If Comcast are telling the county that the power supplies need to be replaced, is that a case of "so what" and them just stalling (I realize if power supplies need to be replaced, they need to be replaced, but how does that affect me at some point getting coverage).

While using DSL for telecommuting works, it is poor at best, and so I would like to get the Comcast situation moving. Someone suggested contacting the state representative, but I am not sure what, if any, good that will do.

I should also add that if I had the spare $1,400 to simply pay for the install I likely would have done. But, knowing I should qualify anyway, makes it harder to pay that even if I could.

Thanks.