All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
FloridaGuy3
join:2013-08-22

FloridaGuy3 to NoThanxDan

to NoThanxDan

Re: Charges for 911 calls?

Great info. Thanks. I called the city I live in and they gave me the direct 10 digit number to dispatch. I called where I will be moving and they gave me a number, but you have to prompt 5 which sucks.

Anyway once you are given the number you can add it to your MJ contacts as 911, it will show up first if you don't have any other number names in contacts. You can also set it on your phone speed dial.

and this is not a MJ charge, it's optional, and MJ does not profit from it, it's another local government tax. It should be illegal because it risks lives if you can't call 911.

NoThanxDan
@rr.com

NoThanxDan

Anon

The ink is barely dry (so to speak) on Dan's email message and I noticed the 9-1-1 button has already disappeared from my MJ on-screen dialer.

Think maybe he could have given us 48 hours notice before pulling the plug on free 9-1-1 and leaving everyone vulnerable?

(On, I forgot. Dan isn't great at telling time. I first received an offer on June 25th for the "Exclusive 48 Hour Sale" on The New 2014 MJ+. Today marks the 58th day that I am STILL getting that offer ad.)

MBark
@cox.net

MBark to FloridaGuy3

Anon

to FloridaGuy3
FloridaGuy, you say "Anyway once you are given the number you can add it to your MJ contacts as 911". By looking at Add Contacts, I see no way that you can equate one number to another.

Can you please tell me how to equate the 10 digit (911) number to 911. Thanks in advance.
MBark

MBark

Anon

Florida Guy, I think I now know what you meant by this statement: "Anyway once you are given the number you can add it to your MJ contacts as 911".

You meant use 911 as the name for your 10 digit (911) number.
FloridaGuy3
join:2013-08-22

FloridaGuy3

Right, you can't add it to the 911 bar, just to your contacts but you can leave it at the top of your contacts if it lets you.
FloridaGuy3

FloridaGuy3 to NoThanxDan

to NoThanxDan
Mine was there this morning. I tried to add the new address I am moving to in September and I got a screen telling me about the charge. It was confusing and I couldn't tell if the $4.xx charge was for one month or until my MJ service expired this year so I declined it and the 911 bar/button is gone.

MBark
@cox.net

MBark to FloridaGuy3

Anon

to FloridaGuy3
Thank you, FloridaGuy; your answer is appreciated.