join:2012-03-25
Trumbull, CT
Juniper SRX220
Cisco Meraki MR16

mitchell195

U-Verse Bit Loading Graph

Click for full size
Click for full size
I think the above Bit load graph looks pretty good but could someone double check? I am currently on the 25/2 profile. UV Realtime is recommending 32/5. I want to see if I can be switched to 32/5 if you think my Bit Load graph is okay.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

Based upon that first major drop off in the bitloading graph, you may have a bridge tap or other form of interference.

whamel
Premium Member
join:2002-05-09
Evergreen Park, IL
·AT&T FTTP

whamel to mitchell195

Premium Member

to mitchell195
Ideally you would need your line reconditioned, as "trparky" said, you may have a bridge tap, or you may need a new drop, there is alot that could be causing your connection to have a low Noise Margin and RED COLORED RECOMMENDED PROFILE RATE. That should be GREEN.
See my post about upgrading the speed of a U-Verse conxn, I have 23/3 meg plan and I ALSO plan on upgrading my tier speed. Here is the post:
»Gateway replacement, new speed upgrades? fastpath?
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to mitchell195

to mitchell195
You should have no trouble being switched to the 32/5 profile, all your stats look good. Your bitloading graph is a little odd, that dip right in the very front of the Download 1 band shouldn't be there.

As was said above, that dip in the graph is probably a bridge tap on your line. Could be AM interference, but it usually isn't that wide if it's AM interference. You might want to call up ATT tech support and ask them to run a SELT on your line to look for metallic faults. If there is a bridge tap present they should be able to see it with that test and roll a truck to have a prem tech remove it, which will clean up that anomaly in your bitloading graph. Of course, even if they say nothing is wrong, or they won't roll a truck without charing you, there is no reason, even with the little bit of oddness in your bit graph, that you can't be moved to a 32/5 profile.

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

brookeKrige

OP deliberately edited RG's web GUI, settings/broadband/linkConfiguration MTU=1500 down to 1472?

Vaguely recollect another 14xx post within past year. Oh but why (give up some performance that way)?

mitchell195
join:2012-03-25
Trumbull, CT
Juniper SRX220
Cisco Meraki MR16

mitchell195

The MTU Value shown is the one for the 6rd Tunnel not the VDSL Interface, that is 1500. I didn't set that, AT&T did.

I got AT&T to test the line. A Premises Tech will be out on Saturday to check my Connection. Hopefully I can get him to move me to the 32/5 Profile at the same time.
mitchell195

1 edit

mitchell195

Click for full size
Click for full size
Premises tech Visited today. He saw it was an outside problem & dispatched a line tech. Line Tech Switched pair from cross-connect to nearest splice due to water damage. He says that several other customers have had to be switched for the same reason. He didn't know whether that would help or not. He checked for bridge-taps, & didn't find any.

Above is my updated Bit Loading Graph & stats page. They look about the same. Service was dropping out a couple times the past couple of days before work was done. So far so good, so I will have to wait & see.

By the way just a food for thought(didn't think about this until after I posted this & called AT&T), Think interference from Wi-fi could create the dip in the lower MHZ range? I have my Wi-fi router next to the RG ( Broadcasting at a very high power). I shut the radio off for awhile before the tech came & it didn't seem to make a difference. Just thought I would throw that out there. I am planning on changing the home run to the gateway from Un-Shielded CAT5e to Shielded CAT5E.
vengance01
join:2009-03-06
Encino, CA

vengance01

Line looks a little worse. The dip is a deeper valley and your @ 2Mbit less on max sync.