All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex to Darhole

to Darhole

Re: [AB] Telus enforcing bandwidth limits now?

said by Darhole:

What kind of third world dictatorship bullshit is it if we have to live in a country where we have to ask ourselves 'can I download this game/movie/netflix/ETC'

If this is true and they charge me for using less than a TB a month on the 50mbit plan, I will lose my shit.

This is an heated issue. I just have to say that only a very small minority of our users are abusing their internet connection to some ridiculous amount of TB downloaded every month but they do ruin it for the rest. Its not a dictatorship at all. You are paying for a service. That company offering the service as the right to set the rules. It up to you to decided whether you want to follow them or not.

There is no certainty, even internally, of when or even if this will be in effect. TELUS has to make sure that if they charged for extra bandwidth that our counter are working right in the first place. I wouldn't worry too much at this moment but things can change.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

You know what you take alot of slack around here and sometimes appear to be the official DSL reports telus punching bag. You take heat from us angry nerds who know our stuff but you remain very informative to the best of your abilities.

The Internet is a vast Infinite expanse that just keeps growing in the same fashion the Universe is growing and the for the Internet is its own universe. With the Internet being its own universe it just seems pretty bad to toll the road to navigate this vast universe

Darhole
Premium Member
join:2005-06-14
Edmonton, AB
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Asus RT-AC87
Actiontec T3200M

Darhole to Symtex

Premium Member

to Symtex
So blacklist the guys using it as a damn file server. I use 6-800 gigs a month for normal usage, mostly streaming. If they had decent f***ing caps in place to begin with I would have no qualms with it.

400 gig cap on a 50mbit connection is highway robbery for 80 bucks a month. I don't bitch like some here about I can't get this or that or I pay too much, but I will bitch if they take away my reasonable usage amounts with this crap.

The fact of the matter is usage has gone up dramatically for many users because of all the convenience of online based services, and instead of gouging us they should be reasonable and enforce their reasonable caps on the ones that are causing this mess to begin with.

Same reason alot of folks including me don't have a land line these days, why pay for it when we are getting arm and legged for cell contracts already.

edit: I pay 163 bucks a month for TV and Internet with Telus, and you never hear me bitching about the price or quality of service. Charge me for going over when I already have a very reasonable usage amount, and see that change, and I am certainly not alone. Since I switched I have praised this company and had multiple clients of mine and friends swap over or stay away from Shaw's aggressive promo's lately. It would really disappoint me to see the company I vouched for (which I do not give out easily) spit in my face.
tablo
join:2011-06-30
Edmonton, AB

tablo to Symtex

to Symtex
I'm sure I only used 700GB at most, really. So I'm not sure what triggered it.