Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Cancelling.

Is there anywhere on can find out my cancellation costs of my account (4 of 5 accounts) from the Rogers website? Or do I need to call in? Can't find too much on their interwebs.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
It's best to call as the information that might be available on the website is not always accurate and you might have to fight with them to honour it if the info you might glean from the myrogers.com is inaccurate but works in your favour.

dtchmshkyan

join:2013-08-12
Ottawa, ON
reply to J E F F
You cannot find this information online. However, you might have information about your cuurent contract term at the end of your bill.

The easiest way to calculate the cancellation fee is to determine number of months left on the contract per account (service) and multiply this by $20. Cancellation fee per account cannot exceed $200. So, if you have more than 24 months left on any of your accounts - you will still be charged $200.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Just found my answer, my rates ARE going up next cycle, so I can cancel everything.

Good-bye Rogers.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to dtchmshkyan
This nickel and di***...I mean, this 15 centing and $3 dollaring of people is killing me. Rogers simply can't stop.
--

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
It's a common business practice. Consumers are sensitive to price hikes, so it's done in small increments spread across different billing points so they look small.

J Paul Getty man.

"It's easier to make 1 dollar a million times that it is to make 1 million dollars once."

Now replace the word "make" with "steal".

Welcome to Canada's telecom sector. And energy sector. And banking sector.

Mike

--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?
Expand your moderator at work

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to dillyhammer

Re: Cancelling.

The issue is that they have increased the cost of their services 3 times in 10 months. That's too many times. I have no issue with a stand inflationary rate increase. (though it's really less expensive to service now than before) Here is Rogers: March, we're increasing the speed of your internet!! But don't worry, the price will remain the same. Fast forward 5 months. Rogers: We've increased the speed of your internet and have to raise our rates to cover those costs.
--

Ron_Resistor

join:2013-08-24
Brampton, ON
No we had to change our advertising and we are loosing money on our home security so someone else gets to pay.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
said by Ron_Resistor:

No we had to change our advertising and we are loosing money on our home security so someone else gets to pay.

Well that is your own fault not sure what it has to do with this thread.

Ron_Resistor

join:2013-08-24
Brampton, ON
why rogers has to increase there costs 2 -3 times a year.
Q. Are you the moderator or just an employee of Rogers

rogersmogers

@start.ca
said by Ron_Resistor:

Because like any company Rogers wants to make money.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to Ron_Resistor
You'll also be losing money on the Blue Jays in 2014 after the fart bomb they left at the SkyDome this year.
--

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to rogersmogers
No he is saying rogers themselves are losing money on their home security so they rise prices on other services to make up those losses not that the poster themselves are losing money.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
reply to J E F F
they increase users speed w/out you asking for it then rogers complains its more expensive giving you those higher speeds and has to increase their prices, lmao, thankgod I cancelled every home service I had w/them

Ted Chips

@teksavvy.com
reply to J E F F
Rogers has been chasing away customers hand over fist for the past few years. I got out after developing a tangible hatred of the company.

I'm absolutely loving it at Teksavvy despite Rogers sabotaging them at every turn. Get the hell away from these people and save yourself the high blood pressure.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
Speaking of which, I bought the Cisco VoIP hardware at Canada Computer and set it up. I already had an existing number with voip.ms and got it working first time 'round. Now time to port the Rogers $32.99 + tax (after $10 discount) and go with the $1.99/month plan at $0.005/minute. If I use too many minutes, then I'll do the $4.95 unlimited plan.

As for Cable, once that contract is up, I'll be using Aereo for TV. Sure, it will be convoluted to set up, using a VPN and all, but it will give me the stations I want, along with an antenna in the attic...should be all good.
--

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
make sure you set-up your e911 on voip.ms extra 1.99 a month but still good. I did not do that for months as I did not even think about it.

I love voip got my business number with them and home phone.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Ron_Resistor
said by Ron_Resistor:

He's a Troll and and Rogers Fanboi