share rss forum feed

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
reply to webcobbler

Re: NFL Red Zone

It will be no different this year. Anyone on the Ultimate tier will still need to activate the RZ channel - even though it is included at no extra charge. Anyone who subscribed to RZ on another tier other than Ultimate automatically gets renewed as part of a sports subscription package - unless they cancelled it before the renewal period began.

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2
Let's just hope, this this will be as easy as pressing the "Press OK to activate" button on one STB. Then 15 minutes later, we have the HD and SD channels on All STBs.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ
Speaking of which, we we have a Red Zone app this year? Similar to FIOS Football, when it was working?

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

Let's just hope, this this will be as easy as pressing the "Press OK to activate" button on one STB. Then 15 minutes later, we have the HD and SD channels on All STBs.

Pretty sure you'll have to activate it on each box separately.

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY
Thanks to everyone for their input - much appreciated.

Seems like a lot of work to receive a channel which supposedly is included in our package - don't you think?

And for all this I missed the first two weeks last season - not to mention the hours (yes hours) on the phone with customer service to get it straightened out. I almost left Verizon because of the aggravation from all this.

Seems to me if it's in our package we shouldn't be put through this bs to receive it - just my opinion. I'll believe I get it, if and when I receive it this year......

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ
reply to UnnDunn
UnnDunn,

I very much Highly Doubt that one has to activate it on ALL their STBs.

Activation on 1 STB should enable it on ALL Boxes. Just like last year.

Its to authorize your account for your home, not to just authorize just 1 STB.

That would not make any sense at all.

Anyone want to verify this?

But I believe I am 100% correct on this.

Thanks

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to nycdave
aCtivating is not the case with me

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nycdave
I have Ultimate and didn't need to activate RedZone...was automatically working today

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
me too.. altho last yr, I did have to activate, even though I've been on ultimate since it started.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ
reply to TitusTroy
Same here. I have had Ultimate for years.

I was just about to post a "BTW, I never had to activate Red Zone this year" post. lol

Let's just hope, that next year will be the same as this year. Fingers crossed