spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tplord18
join:2013-08-22
Wallingford, KY

Tplord18

[Troubles] Dslam is from the Prehistoric Times

My connection has dropped and has lag spiked(along with ping and latency) ever since the techs installed my service. I've chatted every formative way with windstream, and the engineers confirm it's a dslam issue. They said it needs to be fixed, and the estimated time of repair is June 30th....well look at the date now. Still nothing, garbage cOnnecti
moze229
join:2010-10-14
Raleigh, NC

moze229

said by Tplord18:

My connection has dropped and has lag spiked(along with ping and latency) ever since the techs installed my service. I've chatted every formative way with windstream, and the engineers confirm it's a dslam issue. They said it needs to be fixed, and the estimated time of repair is June 30th....well look at the date now. Still nothing, garbage cOnnecti

You mean that Windstream signed you into a contract that they can't commit to? Nuh uh.... no way. It's just fraud. It's not a big deal.

It's perfectly acceptable for them to not follow through with their contractual obligations. But if you signed a DSL commitment and YOU try and go back on YOUR commitment, see how well that goes for you.
Tplord18
join:2013-08-22
Wallingford, KY

Tplord18

Yeah, they need bought out or sued hard for everything they're worth.(which isn't much) I haven't seen an engineer do anything and my connection is just so unstable. I have to stay up during morning hours to game with my friends because of their scam of an Internet service.!
iowaboy
Premium Member
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy

Premium Member

They never gave me a time frame for fixing my issue. Just that they applied for the funds to fix it.
tmwalsh
join:2006-06-23
Canton, GA

tmwalsh

"applied for funds" ... meaning that they want the FedGov to fund their infrastructure that they will use for profit.
Thanks but no thanks. I vote they use their own capital, and possibly reduce stockholder returns until they meet their commitments.
The original subsidy was for telephone service in rural areas. Most, if not all, are completely hooked to the phone network, and the last party line was disconnected years ago. The subsidy should stop.
If you happen to own a rural Telco or ISP, you can make a lot of money on subsidy money as long as the gravy train lasts. Thing is, the subsidy doesn't seem to be getting used to provide service, but instead to inflate return to investors.
tom