Search similar:

uniqs
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

2 edits

FIOS4cable

[Channels] New Channels coming in SEP

I notice this on Sony Movie channel website. "Hi Shawn. Currently, FiOS is preparing to roll out a host of new channels beginning in mid-September. This should be a 2 &; 3 week process. Sony Movie Channel is among these new offerings. Keep an eye out for SMC in your Ultimate HD package lineup."

Aug 19, 2013
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

[Channels] Re: New Channels coming in SEP

Link Please ?

or a Pic for proof?

thanks
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

2 edits

FIOS4cable

Sure here's the link

»www.facebook.com/SonyMov ··· eChannel
FIOS4cable

1 edit

FIOS4cable to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Here's the pic
FIOS4cable

FIOS4cable

Click for full size

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

anyone know what the other channels beside sony are that are coming in september?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I'm still amazed why the Verizon FIOS PR team does not get ahead on these issues when new channels are being added especially in HD. Just think if someone is looking to leave FIOS because a certain channel is missing but then they learned too l8 it was added 2-3 weeks after they left. I can understand not wanting to count the chickens before they hatch but having an announcement a month before a channel is active is not asking much.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
How would a spokesperson for Sony Movie Channel know that Verizon will be rolling out a "host of new channels". I have my doubts.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by ansky:

How would a spokesperson for Sony Movie Channel know that Verizon will be rolling out a "host of new channels". I have my doubts.

I was thinking the same thing.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

1 edit

thetick to bohratom

to bohratom
Because if you state channels are coming and the all the details are not done what happens when an agreement is not made? Hmmm Verizon has already clammed up due to the backlash of not keeping likely agreements.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Why wouldn't they know? Simple as FIOS person telling them what the plan is. We're rolling out and here's when you get rolled out. It somewhat fits the information I heard about the MPEG-4 push, albeit about a month later than I thought.

FIOS PR will never announce this stuff, because if there's an issue, they will have egg on the face.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Thanks

Let's just hope that SMC rep here is correct on what he said about some HD channels added to the Ultimate Package, and subsiquint Packages.

However, besides their own channel, how would they know about other HD channels that could roll out? Unless they own the other channels that are to be rolled out with it?

idk

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

They didn't tell him what the other channels were, they only said "a host of new channels." Trust me, this is not exactly state secrets. Especially since this "MPEG-4 push" has been in the works all year.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Well, with this MPEG4 push, let's just hope that we will receive some new HD channels (like Pac-12, MLB Strike Zone, or whatever else), as well as some requested HD channels that we already have in SD (H2, TCM, TV Land, or what have you).

Whatever the case may be, I personally will always hope for H2 in HD. For obvious reasons.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

1 recommendation

Greg2600

As in the past, Verizon chooses based on contractual obligations first, ratings/viewer requests second.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to webcobbler

to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

Whatever the case may be, I personally will always hope for H2 in HD. For obvious reasons.

Im with you on that one web, H2 in HD...
nlk10010
join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

nlk10010 to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

I'm still amazed why the Verizon FIOS PR team does not get ahead on these issues when new channels are being added especially in HD. Just think if someone is looking to leave FIOS because a certain channel is missing but then they learned too l8 it was added 2-3 weeks after they left. I can understand not wanting to count the chickens before they hatch but having an announcement a month before a channel is active is not asking much.

Maybe because if they announced it more people would leave FIOS. When you announce you're telling everyone what they won't be getting as well as what they will receive. More .TV channels, a couple of premiums and some foreign language SD offerings are not exactly going to bowl most people over (disclaimer: of course I don't know if or what channels will be added, just extrapolating from what's happened before).
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

One more .TV is about the only one that Verizon specifically mentioned.

charliewatts
join:2013-04-10

1 edit

charliewatts to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I believe old threads hinted at 2 .tv channels. HLN HD and Sony Movies HD and Esquire (SD or HD???) see below

Given the Verizon/CBS signing the other day, we can possibly speculate about CBSS HD (not that It's needed).

I will again lobby for OVATION HD, H2 HD, TVLAND HD (weird, I know!), OWN HD and COOKING HD. Many of you want TCM HD. And PAC10 HD. Not me.

Ovation HD really needs an HD channel! Art and Fine Art belong in HD.

Sorry for the rant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's the Esquire Network News. STARTS 9/23 ....

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The geek-flavored G4 channel will become the Esquire Network in September.

NBCUniversal on Wednesday announced the rebranded channel's Sept. 23 launch date. The channel is the namesake of Esquire magazine and is aiming to draw a similar audience of upscale males.

Comcast Corp.'s NBCUniversal and Hearst Corp. are the partners behind the Esquire Network, which is an NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment unit.
Esquire Network's lineup will include original programming including cooking and travel shows, a series about professional horse race handicappers, and another about American breweries. It also will air reruns, including "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and "Parks and Recreation."

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

How about a link to that article, Charlie.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to charliewatts

Premium Member

to charliewatts
That's old news, there was already a thread on that. It's just a changeover, not new channel.

charliewatts

to FIOS4cable
Mat is right Sash. This is actually old news. But, it is a NEW CHANNEL starting in September! Just like FS1 was a new channel in August, even though it was Speed rebranded.

»tv.yahoo.com/news/g4-rel ··· 364.html

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Please check your IMs, Charlie. Whenever you post a new article you need to give full credit to the author as well as a link to the article. That is why I asked for the link.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

Just like FS1 was a new channel in August, even though it was Speed rebranded.

Fox Sports has watchable content, Esquire won't.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by Greg2600:

said by charliewatts:

Just like FS1 was a new channel in August, even though it was Speed rebranded.

Fox Sports has watchable content, Esquire won't.

How do you know that?

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Es ··· _Network

"relaunch G4 into Esquire Network, which will air shows aimed at a metrosexual audience about travel, cooking, fashion and non-sports related male programming, including the addition of acquired and archive NBCU content such as Party Down, Parks and Recreation, and week-delayed episodes of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."

Straight from wikipedia. A network for the miniscule # of hipsters who still have cable television? It's like making bird feed for the dodo.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

Cooking and fashion shows for men? AH---HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, that'll work.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Es ··· _Network

"relaunch G4 into Esquire Network, which will air shows aimed at a metrosexual audience about travel, cooking, fashion and non-sports related male programming, including the addition of acquired and archive NBCU content such as Party Down, Parks and Recreation, and week-delayed episodes of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."

Straight from wikipedia. A network for the miniscule # of hipsters who still have cable television? It's like making bird feed for the dodo.

Ah your opinion that it won't work. I just wanted to confirm. Time will tell of course. Thanks.

charliewatts

to FIOS4cable
First look: Esquire Network 'Boundless'
by Adam Benzine

Boundless, premiering September 25 at 10 p.m. EST on the soon-to-launch Esquire Network, sees two men setting out to conquer the world’s most extreme competitions.

The U.S. network’s eight-part documentary series sees Simon Donato and Paul ‘Turbo’ Trebilcock taking on seven-day ultra marathons, 32-mile open ocean paddle-boarding contests, and cliff-side bicycle races. The show currently airs on Travel + Escape in Canada.

Read more: »realscreen.com/2013/08/1 ··· colzdYpY

PaCK Fan
join:2012-01-19
Richmond, VA

PaCK Fan to PJL

to PJL
Just as long as they keep showing Cops and Campus PD...