how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Techray

@comcast.net

[Bill] Talked to 7 People at Comcast and received nothing but LI

To: Tom Karinshak 8/21/13
I am so fed up with your Customer Service people that I am ready to scream. I have talked to 7 people over the last month trying to get my bill corrected. I have literally spent hours on the phone with your people and have been told that I am correct and my bill will be corrected. It never is. I pay electronically thru Chase Bank and have paid each bill on time and have the electronic records to prove it. My current bill says I am over $200.00 past due and you don't even show my 8/16 payment. When I upgraded in June you charged me for installation. I did the install. Then I was told I would get a $49.95 credit. Instead I got a past due. I spoke to 4 people at different times in July and was told the bill would be corrected and to only pay the $68.33 balance. So what do I get, a LATE CHARGE and a bill telling me I owe $201 by August 20th. WHAT???? I call in again. No one knows what's going on. I talk to a supervisor who was not nice so I asked for her manager. "Oh, he's in a Meeting". I'll have him call you back. That will be in 24 hrs. WHAT???? If I ran my company the way you do, I'd be out of a job. I want my bill corrected and I want a $75.00 credit for the hours of time I have had to spend on this. My time is very valuable. And it's still not fixed! The ball is in your court. I can't pay an incorrect bill and certainly not one that is due 8/20 when I made my August payment on 8/16 per your CS Department instructions. Due date was 8/17 and It was electronically posted to Comcast by Chase on 8/16. I've done nothing wrong here except to expect a reasonable level of service for which I pay an exorbitant fee. You are my last resort. The buck stops with you!
EMAIL SENT VIA COMCAST WEBSITE ON 8/21/13

raffoutroud

join:2010-03-31
Lynnwood, WA

Re: [Bill] Talked to 7 People at Comcast and received nothing bu

You do realize this isn't a Comcast site right? This is a user to user forum.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Techray
FWIW, sounds to me like in June they gave you a new customer deal where you only wanted to be upgraded. I know it doesnt mean anything to you but shit gets confusing at comcast when this shit happens. In other words you probably have two seperate accounts now and money is going to be flowing to both. Your august payment probably got applied to your last account. No worrys tho when it gets to collections in one or the other they will figure it out.

Techray

@comcast.net
Account number is the same as it has been. I'm beginning to think their service really isn't worth the hassles. I'm looking for a replacement. This is what you get when you allow a monopoly or duopoly. I've contacted my Licensing Authority and the FCC. Still waiting for Comcast to get back to me.

mike31US

join:2013-08-15
Auburn, WA
reply to raffoutroud
said by raffoutroud:

You do realize this isn't a Comcast site right? This is a user to user forum.

I suspect that he was copy/pasting what he had wrote in an email to Comcast, hence the "EMAIL SENT VIA COMCAST WEBSITE ON 8/21/13" at the bottom.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
reply to Techray
Only one number in the account number ever changes with new accounts. Third number from the end.

Techray

@comcast.net
Received a call from Comcast Executive Office today. I believe my problem has been resolved. I was finally able to speak to someone that listened to me and was able to do the math. It's so nice to talk to Americans. If anything changes I will let you know but I think it's done.

Oh yeah, so later this afternoon the Customer Service Manager (Mr. Neely) finally calls. Only 48 hours later than promised. Now he wants to help. Guess someone must have had words with him but he didn't even know that the problem was resolved. Wendy, Laverne, Tiffany, and Mr. Neely (Mike?) are useless from my perspective. Don't waste your time with Customer Service, go direct to Corporate. Have a great day all.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
Nice, send everyone to corporate and than corporate will be the same useless POC.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Techray
That about an useless answer that I have heard. You want every one to go direct to corporate. Now how long do you it will take corporate to answer back or fix your problem. My guess about 4 months. for it is about 20 minutes at the most and my problems is solved.
--
Caddy

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to Techray
said by Techray :

Wendy, Laverne, Tiffany, and Mr. Neely (Mike?) are useless from my perspective. Don't waste your time with Customer Service, go direct to Corporate. Have a great day all.

From my perspective, dealing with Comcast customer service has been uniformly very good. I believe, in most cases, regardless of company, you get the kind of service you expect to get. If your attitude is Comcast customer service is useless, chances are you'll be correct.

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US
reply to Techray
I've been back with Comcast for 5 months now and in three of the five months I have dealt with billing mistakes. I share your pain. In my case, I found it easier to pay off the balance whether it is right or wrong. Then the credit comes in next months bill. With interest rates almost no existent, there is no time value of money that enters the equation, so I do not mind putting the money out there for a few weeks.

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1
reply to Techray
the best answer to cancel service, and restart 2 months later. I did this a few times with verizon. Oh new customer !!
Expand your moderator at work

logger

join:2012-06-14
Carmel, NY

1 recommendation

reply to RalphKramden

Re: [Bill] Talked to 7 People at Comcast and received nothing bu

said by RalphKramden:

From my perspective, dealing with Comcast customer service has been uniformly very good. I believe, in most cases, regardless of company, you get the kind of service you expect to get. If your attitude is Comcast customer service is useless, chances are you'll be correct.

My perspective is that Comcast customer service was mostly useless. For many years, I got the kind of service I expected to get from the previous owners of the same local cable TV system. My attitude that Comcast customer service is useless is based on many experiences I had trying to get useful service from them.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
Sorry to hear that. My experience has been good, so what can I say...

Techray

@comcast.net

1 edit
reply to Anon
You seem very confused about the process I used to get my problem solved. I made it quite clear that I spoke to customer service 7 times before I contacted corporate. I hope you now understand.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Techray :

You seem very confused about the process I used to get my problem solved. I made it quite clear that I spoke to customer service 7 times before I contacted corporate. I hope you now understand.

I am not the one confused and I do understand. You just stated that you spoke to customer service to get your problem but yet you made the statement " Don't waste your time with Customer Service, go direct to Corporate. Have a great day all". That is telling every not to call the normal customer service just go direct corporate.
--
Caddy

not

@comcast.net
reply to Techray
Your automatic online billing is your problem. Cancel all that and write a check for a few months. This should correct your issue if everything is turned off for the automatic billing properly. You can argue all you want, but it's the truth. Comcast has always had issues with their automatic billing and once those issues start, it's sometimes hard to fix.

FureverFurry
Premium
join:2012-02-20
Wyoming, MI
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to Techray
From what I have experienced, Comcast "customer" service is pretty much kaputz over the last 9 months and only getting worse. I don't know if it's the corporate decision to allow incompetent people to answer the phones, or if they are just not trained ... the result is that we - the customers - are left with little recourse. My favorite (ha !) response from "tech support" from a couple of months ago was ............ "I dunno. I'm just paid to answer the phone." NO JOKE.

It's all delaying tactics with this having to resort to sending an email to upper level management to get issues resolved that should have been handled initially via Comcast. But, hey -- it works .. for Comcast.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to Caddyroger
said by Caddyroger:

That is telling every not to call the normal customer service just go direct corporate.

Who cares. They are just another corporation. Do whatever is easiest for you.

Believe me, they don't take any considerations when dealing with you.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
I have never had problems calling the normal customer support number on the few occasions that I needed them. What are you going to when the thousands go to direct to corporation. All long of wait are to be on the phone for them to answer a couple of days.
--
Caddy

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
If customer service worked better than contacting corporate than people wouldn't contact corporate.

If corporate is inundated with calls they will be motivated to fix whatever the problem is.

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to Techray
I had a very similar experience with a service credit that never came to be. Spoke with several people, billing, supervisors, etc. I even tried the good ol "transfer to retention and threaten to leave" in hopes of getting satisfaction. In the past, that would have worked, I would have gotten a break, etc. Now..they didnt care. They said my bill was past due, bring your equipment in to the nearest center, and we'll drop your account if that's what you wish. After you pay it off and any ETF applied. Wow. Threatening to leave now to keep current promotion pricing, getting credits owed etc, is no longer a working tactic.

Normcat

join:2013-08-15
Barrington, IL
reply to Techray
I have had mostly good results with Comcast Customer Service. Bottom line, my recommendation is to hang up and call again if you get someone who you can't understand or who is not helping you.