spc
uniqs
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter to sbrook

to sbrook

Re: Rogers Idea Box

They are definitely moderated. I made one comment and it was deleted because it supposedly did not adhere to their precious guidelines!

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Yup. I noticed that. Only Rogers APPROVED comments etc. are acceptable. Anti Rogers rhetoric will be swiftly and surely sent to the scrap heap.

If Rogers wants our opinion, they'll tell us what our opinion is..........

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero to Hooter

Premium Member

to Hooter
said by Hooter:

They are definitely moderated. I made one comment and it was deleted because it supposedly did not adhere to their precious guidelines!

You're probably better off whinging to @RogersHelps, @RogersBuzz via twitter with some carefully chosen keywords and #hashtags like #CRTC , so they show up in a great many other places. That will give your issues with Rogers greater visibility though I doubt much you will be able to influence their direction towards resolution of said issues.

But you can run your own little social media campaign to draw attention to whatever your Rogers Communications concern is.

*hint* Pictures speak LOUDER - write up or do a graphic as big and as wordy as you want, then screen shot it and using tweetdeck or other 3rd party twitter client drop in your "screen shot" its a way of getting around the 140 Character limits.

Do some research into who's who, of Rogers Communications so you can direct your ire directly at them too instead of just the faceless front line Rogers minions. Find out who sits on their executive boards - their holding companies and so on and so forth.

Spread the word - and do it intelligently.
Go Forth The Whole of the Twitterverse Awaits!

*Cheers*
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Rogers box is intended for customers to provide feedback on new things that Rogers should implement. It's not intended to be a place for customers to resolve any outstanding issues. Although, Rogers will likely scoff at most of the suggestions, it's better than the previous alternative which was nothing.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· WLvOuPUE

look... elitefx... squirrel island maine can install ftth... haha
poor bell/cogeco/rogers/telus/shaw/videotron know nothing
quite amazing what a local community can do and big telecom... nothing

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by MJB33:

(youtube clip)
elitefx... squirrel island maine can install ftth... haha
poor bell/cogeco/rogers/telus/shaw/videotron know nothing
quite amazing what a local community can do and big telecom... nothing

That may be FTTH, but the capacity is 100mbps for 105 homes...

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

i wish bell would stop lying about fttn/ftth in london.... single family house's especially

elitefx
London, ON

2 edits

elitefx to Hooter

to Hooter
said by Hooter:

Talk about being forced to toe the party line. It's like talking to 3rd world dictators. I made 2 posts with valid reasoning supporting them and both were deleted because they did not conform to this rule or that.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

said by Hooter:

Talk about being forced to toe the party line. It's like talking to 3rd world dictators. I made 2 posts with valid reasoning supporting them and both were deleted because they did not conform to this rule or that.

So don't stop there, Screen Shot your post, crop it and TWEET it out to as many hashtag keywords. Go Around Them! Don't Let their idiot moderators stymie you. *wink*

Tweetdeck is great for this theres a web version and a stand alone download for Windows.

Don't forget the amazing Streisand Effect, its a powerful thing sometimes.
Expand your moderator at work

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

That's being nasty. If he has vaild complaints Rogers should be listening, not deleting them!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by sbrook:

That's being nasty. If he has vaild complaints Rogers should be listening, not deleting them!

You've been doing this along time and I was on RBUA back the day, they don't care. Profits profit profits.. before anything else. Why do you think they are so "outraged" at Verzion and the "Harper Government" coming to Canada?

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx to sbrook

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

Well, TODAY, 2 more posts removed. They'd even been reviewed by the forum manager yesterday, no problems. ANOTHER mod comes along this morning and deletes them for being off topic.

How can good solid ideas about giving customers more value for the dollar and IMPROVING service quality be "OFF TOPIC"?

I have never experienced such censorship and contributor ABUSE and DISRESPECT on any open forum in 10 years on the web.

What can Rogers possibly be thinking? Publicly stomping on THEIR OWN CUSTOMER'S thoughts and generously offered improvement ideas?????

Just DISGUSTED with Roger's IdeaBox and IdeaBox moderator behaviour.
Expand your moderator at work
RogersElise
join:2010-09-08
Canada

RogersElise to elitefx

to elitefx

Hi everybody, as a previous poster mentioned, our Idea Box is not intended for customers to post their customer service issues. If you have a customer service issue, you should reach out to us on @RogersHelps on Twitter or on Facebook.

The goal of Idea Box is for customers to post new ideas and vote on and share ideas from other customers. At this time, the topics are limited to:
Service and Support,
Rogers Stores,
Rogers.com
MyAccount app.

If your posts weren't on this topic, that may be why they have been deleted.

As you all noted, the Ideas submitted are monitored. The most popular ideas, as voted by the community, will be reviewed by our team to help us improve our processes and your experience. We update the status of ideas as they move along. One of them, submitted last week, is already live.

I hope this helps you understand how the Idea Box works.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

How Naive can Rogers be to think that customers' ideas shouldn't include fixing service problems!

Which idea is live? Reducing the effects of SpeedBoost?
RogersElise
Canada

RogersElise

Hi, of course we want to fix customer service issues, and we want to hear them. This is why I suggested that customers reach out to us on Twitter and Facebook. But, a customer service issue is something personal that we can fix only by getting into your account and correcting whatever needs to be corrected.

However, if you have a suggestion on how you could better access your bills from our website, than that is something we want to hear in Idea Box, because this is an idea that other customers can agree upon, vote for, comment on...

You see what I mean?

Here is the link to the idea that was launched, it is about a better UX for the e-bill:
»communityforums.rogers.c ··· cle-id/9

And my bad, I thought it had been suggested a week ago, but it was posted about a month ago.

elitefx
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by RogersElise:

You see what I mean?

Well, IMHO if new ideas regarding lower prices and higher caps don't fall under the "Service and Support" definition then I don't know what does.

Sadly, posting ideas on Idea Box is like talking to a brick wall. Rogers only hears what they want to hear and they have a million excuses why the idea is "Off topic".

Having to get the approval of a dozen different Rogers moderators, in order for an idea to remain posted, is flat out ridiculous.

And thinking about it, no idea post should ever be deleted as long as it is properly written and not offensive. These ideas should be simply be marked as "Acknowledged" or "Inactive" and left for future readers to see.

Censorship is never a good thing......... 'nuff said.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to RogersElise

Premium Member

to RogersElise
said by RogersElise:

Hi, of course we want to fix customer service issues, and we want to hear them.

I think the point is, you can only FIX customer service issues by addressing the root cause. For example, cust gets billed an extra $50 on their wireless service. Permanent fix, figure out WHY it happened in the billing system in the first place and then change the system.

Having multiple complaints of the same type addressed individually not only creates more work, it doesn't address the problem.

Now I know you don't have any control over this but pretending that you can actually fix it is just asking for problems.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by BACONATOR26:

said by RogersElise:

I think the point is, you can only FIX customer service issues by addressing the root cause. For example, cust gets billed an extra $50 on their wireless service. Permanent fix, figure out WHY it happened in the billing system in the first place and then change the system.

Having multiple complaints of the same type addressed individually not only creates more work, it doesn't address the problem.

Now I know you don't have any control over this but pretending that you can actually fix it is just asking for problems.

Most of the time it's not a system issue. 99% of the time the rep made a mistake or the customer misunderstood something.

Customer issues are handled most effectively individually as they are usually unique to the account.

If there is a systemwide issue, Rogers will typically catch it as multiple reps adjusting the same types of charges or sending off tickets for the same types of issues will create red flags and get investigated.
RogersElise
Canada

RogersElise to elitefx

to elitefx

said by elitefx See Profile

And thinking about it, no idea post should ever be deleted as long as it is properly written and not offensive.
[/BQUOTE :

]

Indeed, this is an idea. I'll pass this on internally, thanks for your feedback.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

said by BACONATOR26:

said by RogersElise:

Most of the time it's not a system issue. 99% of the time the rep made a mistake or the customer misunderstood something.

Customer issues are handled most effectively individually as they are usually unique to the account.

If there is a systemwide issue, Rogers will typically catch it as multiple reps adjusting the same types of charges or sending off tickets for the same types of issues will create red flags and get investigated.

I can think of at least two situations where that wasn't true and I personally had to fight them on an issue only to be denied by a manager and ignored by the social media team. And this was an issue related to a handset upgrade promo which had qualifications rules and in which I did meet. I wasn't the only one either.

Either way, I'm not talking about just billing issues or the like, there's a bunch of things messed up which is wasted by humans trying to spend time to 'fix' one person rather then the what caused it in the first place.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

1 recommendation

sbrook to yyzlhr

Mod

to yyzlhr
yyzlhr said 99% of the time the rep made a mistake or the customer misunderstood something and that that's not a system issue.

It really is a SYSTEM issue ... not a computer system issue, but a systemic issue in this case, in the culture of Rogers.

The rep made a mistake means
1) Rep not properly trained
2) Rep does not have access to the right information
3) Rep has desire to solve problem himself with insufficient knowledge because to escalate or transfer to someone with knowledge points a really bad finger at himself.

Customer misunderstood something means
1) Rep did not explain properly in the first place
2) Website / publicity / advertising not accurate or readily understandable
3) Small print too small
4) Rogers has set wrong expectations for the customer

The number of problems where the problem truly is the customer's fault are astonishingly small.
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

3 edits

Hooter to RogersElise

to RogersElise
RogersElise See Profile

And thinking about it, no idea post should ever be deleted as long as it is properly written and not offensive.

RogersElise See Profile Indeed, this is an idea. I'll pass this on internally, thanks for your feedback.

I guess the "internally" did not get your message RogersElise, since valid comments are still being deleted. I replied to a comment today, but it was deleted because the original comment was deleted. I did not even get the courtesy of a PM from the moderator who deleted the comment, which tells me a lot about Rogers!

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

said by Hooter:

RogersElise See Profile

RogersElise See Profile Indeed, this is an idea. I'll pass this on internally, thanks for your feedback.

I guess the "internally" did not get your message RogersElise, since valid comments are still being deleted. I replied to a comment today, but it was deleted because the original comment was deleted. I did not even get the courtesy of a PM from the moderator who deleted the comment, which tells me a lot about Rogers!

Passing on does not = going to change anything or anyone will care. you had expectations which are far too high..

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by rogersmogers :

Passing on does not = going to change anything or anyone will care. you had expectations which are far too high..

Well, we are faced with a choice. We can sit around with our thumb up our butt OR we can try to have a positive impact and institute change under less than ideal circumstances.
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

Hooter to rogersmogers

to rogersmogers
said by rogersmogers :

So I guess what you are saying is that whenever Rogers replies that they are going to share an idea internally, that this is nothing more than a way to placate customers and is therefore totally meaningless?

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

I swear those mods over at Idea Box must be on Crack Cocaine. I submitted an idea to suggest Rogers appoint an independent arbitrator for dispute resolution and this is what I got back 2 hours later:
said by Idea Box Mod :

Your recent idea has been removed as we already have an impartial review process in place.

»www.rogers.com/cms/image ··· 0?12.pdf

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

This is where the link took me. NO WONDER it's not Public knowledge:

This page cannot be found
- 404 Error

Exidor
Premium Member
join:2001-05-04

Exidor

Premium Member

The URL is wrong.

Try:
»www.rogers.com/cms/image ··· 2012.pdf

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by Exidor:

The URL is wrong.

Thanks for the info.

Well then it's an intentional error. ALL the links work at the bottom of Rogers page EXCEPT Corporate Social Responsibilty. An error of omission giving Rogers 'Plausible Deniability'.

I've never once seen a reference to 'Rogers Ombudsman' in ANY forum in 10 years.