START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4

Re: Cancelling.

It's a common business practice. Consumers are sensitive to price hikes, so it's done in small increments spread across different billing points so they look small.

J Paul Getty man.

"It's easier to make 1 dollar a million times that it is to make 1 million dollars once."

Now replace the word "make" with "steal".

Welcome to Canada's telecom sector. And energy sector. And banking sector.

Mike

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

The issue is that they have increased the cost of their services 3 times in 10 months. That's too many times. I have no issue with a stand inflationary rate increase. (though it's really less expensive to service now than before) Here is Rogers: March, we're increasing the speed of your internet!! But don't worry, the price will remain the same. Fast forward 5 months. Rogers: We've increased the speed of your internet and have to raise our rates to cover those costs.
Ron_Resistor
join:2013-08-24
Brampton, ON

Ron_Resistor

No we had to change our advertising and we are loosing money on our home security so someone else gets to pay.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

said by Ron_Resistor:

No we had to change our advertising and we are loosing money on our home security so someone else gets to pay.

Well that is your own fault not sure what it has to do with this thread.
Ron_Resistor
join:2013-08-24
Brampton, ON

Ron_Resistor

why rogers has to increase there costs 2 -3 times a year.
Q. Are you the moderator or just an employee of Rogers

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

said by Ron_Resistor:

Because like any company Rogers wants to make money.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Ron_Resistor

Premium Member

to Ron_Resistor
You'll also be losing money on the Blue Jays in 2014 after the fart bomb they left at the SkyDome this year.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to rogersmogers

Premium Member

to rogersmogers
No he is saying rogers themselves are losing money on their home security so they rise prices on other services to make up those losses not that the poster themselves are losing money.

Ted Chips
@teksavvy.com

Ted Chips to J E F F4

Anon

to J E F F4
Rogers has been chasing away customers hand over fist for the past few years. I got out after developing a tangible hatred of the company.

I'm absolutely loving it at Teksavvy despite Rogers sabotaging them at every turn. Get the hell away from these people and save yourself the high blood pressure.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Speaking of which, I bought the Cisco VoIP hardware at Canada Computer and set it up. I already had an existing number with voip.ms and got it working first time 'round. Now time to port the Rogers $32.99 + tax (after $10 discount) and go with the $1.99/month plan at $0.005/minute. If I use too many minutes, then I'll do the $4.95 unlimited plan.

As for Cable, once that contract is up, I'll be using Aereo for TV. Sure, it will be convoluted to set up, using a VPN and all, but it will give me the stations I want, along with an antenna in the attic...should be all good.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

make sure you set-up your e911 on voip.ms extra 1.99 a month but still good. I did not do that for months as I did not even think about it.

I love voip got my business number with them and home phone.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Ron_Resistor

Premium Member

to Ron_Resistor
said by Ron_Resistor:

He's a Troll and and Rogers Fanboi