Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

halog5

join:2002-09-27
New York, NY

[Billing] FIOS Internet Only Plan TAX NY

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody with FIOS internet only plan get charged tax?
I was under the impression that Internet Access charge do not get charged sales tax in NY. My bill shows $7.10.

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1
Might be the new 99 cents construction fee they charging everyone.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to halog5
said by halog5:

Hi,

I was under the impression that Internet Access charge do not get charged sales tax in NY. My bill shows $7.10.

Do you mind posting all charges on your bill?

halog5

New York, NY
8/169/15FiOS Internet 50/25 84.99
Current Charges Subtotal $84.99

Change in Service and Partial Month
8/118/15FiOS Internet 50/25 (added)

8/118/15FiOS Internet 12 Mo. Credit (added) ($5.83 off Internet)

8/12Router Shipping and Handling

8/12Wireless Router @ 79.99 Payment 1 of 3

Change in Service and Partial Month Subtotal
$40.99

Current Activity Total
$125.98

Specials and Promotions
8/16 9/15FiOS Internet 12 Mo. Credit thru Aug 11, 2014 ($35.00 off Internet)

8/11 Wireless Router @ 99.99 Fee Waived ($99.99 off Internet)

8/11 FiOS Internet Installation Charge @ 79.99 Fee Waived ($79.99 off Internet)

8/11 FiOS Internet Activation Fee @ 59.99 Fee Waived ($59.99 off Internet)

Specials and Promotions Total
-$35.00

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees
NY State and Local Sales Tax

Total Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees
$7.10

Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
NY Municipal Construction Surcharge

Total Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
$1.16

See Alternate View of Taxes, Fees and Other Charges
Internet

NY State Sales Tax
NY Local Sales Tax
NY District Sales Tax

Total Taxes, Fees and Other Charges
$8.26

halog5

New York, NY
reply to JoeSchmoe007
I just noticed, it looks like the charged me for the router. I thought it was suppose to be waived! Maybe that is where the sales tax is coming? I hope. I guess I got to ring them up about that charge.

halog5

New York, NY
reply to tito79
The bill sure is a bit confusing. There is two total tax. One is $7.10 and the other is $8.26

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg

join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..

3 edits
reply to halog5
I am on Internet Only and do not get charged tax (yet). I've had fios since June 2013.
I simply get charged for the internet service. No router or added fees.
They tried to slap a $39.99 fee on my installation which would be spread out over 3 months ($13.33). My reaction was WTF!!! My mistake was I created part of my order online. Then called them and tried to have my install date moved up, which they did and also assured me that there would be no additional charges. As soon as I ended the call I got a nice email explaining the prorated charges for the first month, along with a nice $39.99 installation fee which would be spread out over 3 months. I called again to have them remove the install charge, and they gave me some bull about not being able to remove it until the installation was done. WHAT??? I cancelled that appointment and made another one. Only this time, I set the appointment through the web and forgot about it until the day of the install. They came, they installed, and out they went, I removed their crappy router and installed mine (now WAN-to-LAN speeds are identical, on ethernet or on WiFi), cut my pings in half (from 10ms to 5ms), had a beer, etc.

I'd rather not have them touch my account anymore now that the billing is working properly.

--
"Look at me, I'm Dr. Zoidberg, homeowner."

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to halog5
said by halog5:

I just noticed, it looks like the charged me for the router. I thought it was suppose to be waived! Maybe that is where the sales tax is coming? I hope. I guess I got to ring them up about that charge.

This is your first month of service (or after the change of service), this bill is not indicative. And yes, maybe it is the tax for the router.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to halog5
said by halog5:

Hi,

I hope there is no tax on internet only because after my contract ends I will be getting internet only.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to halog5
Your sales tax would have been alot less if you had not asked for the $79.99 GigE Wireless N router. The $99.99 router fee waived is for the standard model they provide customers which does not "guarantee" wireless N.

BTW little trick you could have tried was just go with the standard router which was free and you had a very good chance it would have been GigE wireless N capable as Ive seen people posting in these forums that Verizon has been using them for new installs without the customer paying the additional $79.99 fee.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to patt2k
said by patt2k:

I hope there is no tax on internet only because after my contract ends I will be getting internet only.

Patt you can check which taxes/fees apply to your Internet portion via online billing. I have the triple play and when I break down my taxes/fees it shows none for internet here in Jersey.