spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Dr Gary
join:2001-01-13
Geneva, IL

Dr Gary to Thordrune

to Thordrune

Re: [Business] Comcast Business Class Internet new plans ?

I almost went for the 75/15...I will try the 50/10 for a bit...but for $40 more...getting another 50% on upload would be sweet!
bclbob
join:2000-06-23
Oak Park, IL

bclbob to greg925

to greg925
which number are you calling, the 866 621-XXXX or the customer support
(800) 391-XXXX one?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

I called the 391 one.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune to greg925

Premium Member

to greg925
I called in earlier today to do two things: speed upgrade and to correct the address on file (the account itself has my old address, the billing address is the new and old one mashed together). I initially talked to sales, but after seeing the scope of work needed, the rep forwarded me to billing.

The person I got in touch with there was very helpful and friendly. Both reps said that the new prices went live yesterday and they were familiar with all of them. The billing person confirmed that there would be no contract renewal needed to move to the new tiers (I'm still shocked at how drastic the new prices differ).

The sales rep had to fill out some paperwork (and I sign it) for a transfer of service due to the address correction. He said he would try to waive the activation fee and truck roll since it's the same physical location, but no guarantees after it passes through the QA process. However, he tacked on a $20 monthly reduction. I decided to get 75/15 so it'll end up being $129.95/month .

Because of the paperwork that has to be processed first, I won't get the new speed until sometime next week. I'm looking forward to it.

As for the phone number, I used the 391 one.
rw123
Premium Member
join:2004-01-16
Indianapolis, IN

rw123 to greg925

Premium Member

to greg925
In Plainfield, IN I called for a quote for new connection. The gentleman noted that there would be a construction cost (line is near but not run to office building) of around $4k. (fair distance as nothing is overhead nearby)

BUT, he quoted the 100/20 as coming out (for new i assume) at around $149 (this was last Thursday). I should have that in writing early next week in which case there may be an even better deal out there for some. Hmmm

When I get more documentation I will post. At home I am on the 105/20 residential and if this is a $50ish more for business class that would be great there too.

R

m00ster
join:2002-10-13
Houston, TX

m00ster

I upgraded to the 50/10 from 27/7 and love the consistent speeds due to the lack of PB:

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 4.71.254.149.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 10845 Kbps.
Downstream: 143864 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 10640 Kbps.

Downstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 53274 Kbps.

For more information, visit: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffprobe

d0ogie
join:2003-10-07
Bellevue, WA

d0ogie

Sweet!! I clearly missed this late last week and am trying to upgrade today - hoping the call center is open at some point. Timely as I've been hunting around and considered CenturyLink.
bclbob
Oak Park, IL

bclbob

On a call now, I don't think this guy is going to do it. oh wait, he's saying is a "new customer" only offer. But since I'm "out of contract" he's going to transfer me to the "recontract dept"
biomesh
Premium Member
join:2006-07-08
Tomball, TX

biomesh

Premium Member

The first person I talked to last week was confused like this person. Better to just hang up and call back in - or talk to the retention dept (the option to cancel service).
bclbob
Oak Park, IL

bclbob

so its just a matter of finding a rep that has been briefed on the new pricing?
biomesh
Premium Member
Tomball, TX

biomesh

Premium Member

Yes, earlier in the year these were tied to new contracts, now they are not.

My guess is that some either missed the memo or were not paying attention to all of the details.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to Hilbe

Premium Member

to Hilbe
said by Hilbe:

Looks like the $88.95 deal is still going....

»business.comcast.com/lan ··· e50-8895

Are you saying the $88.95 monthly offer is for 50/10?? If so ... hmm
bclbob
Oak Park, IL

bclbob

that I think is a region restricted new customer offer, but its worth the try...
bclbob

bclbob to biomesh

to biomesh
is there a memo I can ask them to "review" while on the phone or not? how did you find out about it?

Contents
Contents
join:2003-04-10
Circle Pines, MN

Contents to greg925

to greg925
Thanks OP for the heads up!

Has anyone been successful with this in Minnesota? I currently have Business 27/7.

Would Comcast's 'Online Chat' be a way to get this complete? Calling always seems to be a hit and miss.
biomesh
Premium Member
Tomball, TX

biomesh to bclbob

Premium Member

to bclbob
said by bclbob:

is there a memo I can ask them to "review" while on the phone or not? how did you find out about it?

It is on their website - no mention of a special promo or only for new accounts. If they look at the system, they will see that you can stay at 27/7 if you want but if you change away from it, you can't go back(it has been deprecated). The replacement tier is the 50/10.

It should be a simple change but since comcast has been changing the plans / promos and requirements recently it apparently has confused some of their people.
thunder15
join:2008-01-18
Chicago, IL

thunder15 to Contents

to Contents
Tried Comcast's Online chat today, and they said that we have to call to make the change. Somehow, support on Business account cannot be done over chat as well. Correct me if I am wrong.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

1 recommendation

SpaethCo to Contents

MVM

to Contents
said by Contents:

Has anyone been successful with this in Minnesota? I currently have Business 27/7.

I changed to the 50/10 package without issue last week by calling in; took maybe 10 minutes total.
bclbob
Oak Park, IL

bclbob

i think i might try the "how much is the deluxe 50/10 package" and hope i get someone that says 109.95 ...

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

Just call and ask to be upgraded to the "delux 50" package for 109.95. That's what it's advertised as. I don't know why you're implying you have to "try". It is available, just call...
bclbob
Oak Park, IL

bclbob

it's as available as the guy on the other end of the phone says it is
d0ogie
join:2003-10-07
Bellevue, WA

d0ogie to pflog

to pflog
Right. I called the "upgrade" dept per the IVR and asked for the Deluxe 75 at $149.95/mo. No issue, rep bounced the modem, ludicrous speed thereafter.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to greg925

to greg925
so all of you got the speed upgrade with no change in monthly price?
biomesh
Premium Member
Tomball, TX

biomesh

Premium Member

said by medbuyer:

I was still at $99.99 for the 27/7 but when I did the 50/10 upgrade, I got the new $109.99 price. My contract is about to end in two months so I would have received the new price soon enough.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

1 edit

medbuyer

said by biomesh:

said by medbuyer:

I was still at $99.99 for the 27/7 but when I did the 50/10 upgrade, I got the new $109.99 price. My contract is about to end in two months so I would have received the new price soon enough.

see...that's the thing...

I'm still on the 12/2 package I believe and paying 59.95 + equip. fee...If I do the upgrade to 16/3 which in reality isn't much additional bandwidth, the extra $10 jump isn't justifiable...

the only difference with us, is that my original contract has already expired and I believe I am on the auto annual renewal..

at least in my area...

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to bclbob

MVM

to bclbob
You could have called and upgraded by now. Also, I've seen a number of different geos reported in this thread, none of which have been denied or had the person claim ignorance of the new speeds.

SpeedUpgrade
@comcast.net

SpeedUpgrade to medbuyer

Anon

to medbuyer
said by medbuyer:

said by biomesh:

said by medbuyer:

see...that's the thing...

I'm still on the 12/2 package I believe and paying 59.95 + equip. fee...If I do the upgrade to 16/3 which in reality isn't much additional bandwidth, the extra $10 jump isn't justifiable...

the only difference with us, is that my original contract has already expired and I believe I am on the auto annual renewal..

at least in my area...

If you are actually still on a 12/2 profile for the Business Class Starter tier (in your area), then it is quite likely that your area does not have any of the other new speed tiers either (at any price). Nationally, everyone on the former 12/2 starter tier was automatically upgraded to the new 16/3 starter tier last November. I would suggest that you run ShaperProbe to see what your actual speed tier is (and if it is actually still 12/2, call and complain that you did not get the speed upgrade).

GotNoRice
Internet Cynic
join:2001-12-04
Lakeport, CA

GotNoRice to greg925

to greg925
Nice, just called and got a free bump from 27/7 to 50/10

SpeedUpgrade
@comcast.net

SpeedUpgrade to SpeedUpgrade

Anon

to SpeedUpgrade
Oops, I forgot to include this ShaperProbe test result in my previous post. It is a saved report dated 11/02/2012:

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 38.106.70.162.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 11118 Kbps.
Downstream: 94588 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 4585-4877 KB;
Shaping rate: 3210 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 9250-10128 KB;
Shaping rate: 17042 Kbps.

If you are on the Business Class Starter plan, your test results should be very similar to this.
jasonki32
join:2002-05-18
Minneapolis, MN

jasonki32 to greg925

to greg925
I upgraded, but I am still not seeing the speeds. I tried a couple of resets to get the config file and it still at the 7/27.