Search similar:

uniqs

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

AT&T-like BS all over again

It's AT&T-like "unlimited" BS all over again.

Not as bad as the tightening noose of the "top 5% of users" scheme AT&T initially tried, but just as bad as the 5GB LTE cap then throttle which is marketed as unlimited.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

See tho, I think part of the problem here, is that its not really STs choice on who to throttle or cut off, since they do not actually own or operate any cell towers, they are fully renting time on others. If those main carriers decide that a device is using too much data, or is to be throttled or cut off, I don't think ST has much say in it, and I doubt ST can override AT&T. I have used 3GB to 4GB per month for almost a year, and have never been throttled or cut off. When I go to more crowded markets, yes, I get throttled, but I believe it has more to do with how AT&T decides to throttle, and while ST is somewhat to blame for shitty ToS, and no refunds at all(by law, in some states, they have to provide refunds if they cut you off, or you cancel, so in most cases, you can disregard this ToS language), and also to blame for being cryptic about it, I don't think its entirely their fault with it. I used almost 1000 minutes last month as well, and not a peep was heard.
zlm44mut4b
join:2003-07-28
Plano, TX

zlm44mut4b

ST is entirely to blame. The ST customer-consumer did not enter into a contract with AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, or whoever the actual provider of the service is. The consumer entered into a contract with ST.

While the reason for the throttling and/or service limitations may not rest or be decided by ST exclusively, failing to disclose the possibility and/or provide a fair-use limit left them open to such a lawsuit.