how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

HTC One vs Droid Razr Maxx HD

I am currently eligible to upgrade my phone on Verizon. I have narrowed down my choices to these two phones. I have tried out both phones at the store already. I have read tonnes of reviews on the internet already.

Help me choose. I have listed out my pros and cons here. I have also tested out the new Droid Maxx. However, I am not going to pay $299 for a cellphone.

I am currently upgrading from the Droid Bionic(with Jellybean 4.1.2). I don’t have any current issues with my phone.

HTC One $199 on Verizon Wireless(not on Amazon yet)
Pros
- Great screen – the best out there
- Great front facing speakers “Boomsound”. Its awesome
- Blinkfeed – I like it

Cons
- Non-replaceable Average battery. Only 2,300 mah
- No SD Card
- Only silver currently available on Verizon. Black version is a no show for now. I don’t like silver phones.

Droid Razr Maxx HD(on Amazon for $79)

Pros
- Massive battery(3,300 mah)
- Good screen
- Dual CDMA/GSM unlocked. Can be used on GSM networks overseas when I travel
- Good speakers
- SD Card

Cons
- Average pictures by camera. I rarely take pictures with my phone however.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
99$ here and it's legit.

»www.getviva.com/

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD
Yes. I saw that yesterday. Its a silver/white phone though.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by navyson:

Yes. I saw that yesterday. Its a silver/white phone though.

Is there a different ONE color? I don't see it on VZW site weird

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to navyson
All the reports I have read have said the "for now" Verizon only has the silver colored version.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
reply to navyson
Id personally get the droid razr maxx hd because it costs less and it has pretty good specs and i would get it if you use your phone 24/7

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD

1 edit
reply to navyson
I went ahead and ordered the Razr Maxx HD. It should be here by Wednesday.

Question. When the phone comes, do I have to manually redownload all the apps I have on my Bionic unto the Razr Maxx HD.(I have a couple of paid ones as well)

Steve050211

@verizon.net
Yes you will have to manually re-download all your apps but your paid apps will still be paid for so you'll just have to reinstall them. Your apps go through your google account, not your device. So make sure you remember your login information for your Google account! There's an app called DropBox as well you can download to your Bionic now (its free) and it will back up your pics music and media using an email and password, than download it to your Maxx HD and log in and it'll all be there. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx HD

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD

2 edits
reply to navyson
Droid Razr Maxx HD review.

Got my new Droid Razr Maxx HD since Tuesday(August 23). Liking it so far except for some wifi issues

Pros.
1. Great battery life. With moderate to heavy use on a daily basis(including listening to 2+ hours of Pandora everyday), I usually have around 70% battery life at the end of the workday(5pm). 50% by 7pm and 30% by 11pm.
2. Great screen even though it is only 720p. The Rarz brand has some great wallpapers too.
3. I was able to sideload Adobe Flash with no problems. Works great with Fireforx. Foxfi also works great .
4. Even though the speakers are on the back, they sound crisp and loud. Not as great as those on the HTC One however especially since those are front facing.

Con
1. A big issue so far has been the wifi connection on the Razr Maxx HD. The wifi connects okay initially and stays on about 5-7 minutes and then it disconnects and then reconnects by itself shortly after. It does this constantly. This as you can imagine can get very annoying. A quick search on the internet revealed for Razr Maxx HD users started to have a lot of wifi issues ever since the upgrade from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

Weirdly, my old phone(Droid Bionic) also has Andriod 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and does not exhibit those wifi issues. In fact, had both phones on last night beside each other.The Razr Maxx HD dropped(and reconnected) wifi everyone 5-7 minutes while the Droid Bionic never blinked a bit.

I have several other wifi devices at home and they all work perfectly except for the Razr Maxx HD. I called Verizon Wireless and they put me on the phone with Motorola representatives. They both initially appeared clueless to the issues even though there are a million threads out there on the internet with customers having wifi issues on their Razr Maxx HD especially since the upgrade to 4.1.2.

The Motorola rep had me “clear partition” and clear cache in trying to fix the issue and it did not work. Verizon representative suggested that my router may not have the lastest software update. I use that Verizon FIOS Actiontech Router with a Trendnet WAP device attached(for my wireless/wifi connection). Next step for me to call Trendent to see if they have any updates to the Trendnet WAP.

This is so frustrating. I want to keep the phone but not sure I can if this issue is not resolved.

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to navyson
I contacted Trendnet earlier today and explained the situation. He basically said that since all my other devices work great with the Trendnet Wireless Access Point, he is very weary of changing any settings/upgrading any software on the Trendnet. He suggests that the issue is with the Razr Maxx HD and he was recommending a "paid service" they have that could specifically help me with my device. I told him no thanks and that was it.

Trying to figure out on my own, I disconnected my Trendnet WAP and activated the wireless signal on my Verizon FIOS Actiontech Router. Surprisingly, the Razr Maxx HD did not drop a signal using the Actiontech Router director. Only problem however is that the Actiontech is Wireless G whose speeds/coverage is alot less than the Trendnet Wireless N WAP that I was using before.

The Trendnet has alot of settings(when I log unto the interface) and I was wondering if something could be changed there that would prevent the Razr Maxx HD phone from constantly dropping the signal.