uniqs

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium Member
join:2002-04-24
Fort Smith, AR

chadrob30

Premium Member

Straight Talk iPhone 5 cannot be restored...

Hey gang, I have a Walmart Straight Talk iPhone 5 that I am attempting to restore. It is 6.0.2 and jailbroken. I have updated iTunes, rebooted my Mac running 10.8, and I always get the "xxxxxxxx iPhone cannot be restored with the requested build" or similar message. I have tried wiping via Find iPhone, Erase all content and settings, etc and all I ever get is the spinning circle. Help please.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

You cannot install an older version of iOS. If your phone is currently not functional, you'll have to install iOS 6.1.4

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to chadrob30

Premium Member

to chadrob30
You didn't save the SH Blobs so you will have to go with newest version of IOS like Thinkdiff said

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium Member
join:2002-04-24
Fort Smith, AR

chadrob30

Premium Member

Yes, I understand that, thank you. It won't let me restore or update. It is now stuck in an infinite loop of reboot, circle, turn on, reboot circle etc etc.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
Bronx, NY

1 recommendation

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Sorry, sounded like you were trying to restore the old version.

Put the iPhone in DFU mode:
»thebigboss.org/guides-ip ··· dfu-mode

When it shows up in iTunes, press the Restore button. It should download the latest iOS (if you dont have it cached already) and do a full restore.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to chadrob30

Premium Member

to chadrob30
did he brick the phone by jailbreaking it?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by dirtyjeffer0:

did he brick the phone by jailbreaking it?

Not really possible to brick an iPhone through software (at least the more recent ones). Putting it in DFU should always do the trick as the BootROM cannot be modified, and therefore cannot be made inoperable.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

ahhh...is that more of an android thing??...one of the guys i worked with bricked a tablet (he is techy and does all sorts of crazy things, but i don't have any interest in that level of stuff).

JBJim
@windstream.net

JBJim to chadrob30

Anon

to chadrob30
I agree DFU mode is the answer, also in the future say you happen to install a bad add-on you can hold the volume up button during boot and it disables mobilesubstrate. Saved me a few times since mobilesubstrate is pretty much the backbone of most JB functions, see »cydia.saurik.com/info/mo ··· bstrate/

This keeps a bad update/add-on forcing you to restore and lose your jailbreak. I also highly recommend installing OpenSSH and changing the root/mobile passwords from 'alpine' so you have another way in if Springboard hoses.