how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dpointer

join:2012-03-03
Grayson, GA

How to report issues?

Is there a way to report issues experienced with Uverse TV without reporting a service outage. I experience a lot of minor issues but don't see an appropriate way to report them. Here's some examples:

I use the search function and find a program listed at 4:30pm. But when I go to the guide it's shown on that channel at 5:30pm.

I use the search function and find a program on 9/4. When I try to record it from the search results it won't let me. If I try to find it in the guide it isn't there because the guide only goes til 9/3.

There are two styles of guides, grid and channel. Usually the grid style goes out about 2 weeks. But if I switch to the channel style, it will frequently have much less on the same channels....maybe 6 or 7 days.

The search functions is based on Central time where the server is located, the guide is based on your local time zone.
Now if live in Central time zone not a problem.

Same for second issue cannot set recording more than 14 days out unless you set to record series, long as series has a program within the 14 day window.

dpointer

Grayson, GA
Are you sure about that? Because most of the time the search results are in local time EDT. The problem only happens at times.

It sure doesn't make sense that the search can find a show that isn't in the guide. Don't they have the same source?

Anyway, to my original question. Who at uverse can there be discussed with?

dpointer

Grayson, GA
reply to my thoughts
Maybe you're right about it being in central time zone. I just did a couple searches and it can up an hour different than the guide shows. Boy is that stupid. They can't even give it to the user in the local time? Unbelievable!

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to dpointer
As MT said, these "issues" are all limitations of the UVerse service, so nothing is wrong, you just have to learn to either work around it, live with it, or change providers for your TV service.

dpointer

Grayson, GA
I don't agree. These are things that can be changed. Rather than every user learning to live with it, AT&T should change it. But the right people there need to hear from their customers. And that was my original question....who is that?

dpointer

Grayson, GA
reply to Paralel
Btw, doing the same search on the uverse ipad app gives the results in local time. That makes it even more ridiculous.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to dpointer
Good luck with that. AT&T is not known for changing, at least without a court order.

Porthos

@sbcglobal.net
reply to dpointer
said by dpointer:

I don't agree. These are things that can be changed. Rather than every user learning to live with it, AT&T should change it. But the right people there need to hear from their customers. And that was my original question....who is that?

You may not agree but the fact that you don't like it won't have much, if any, impact. And I wouldn't count on any great groundswell of support for your position. Most folks have adapted and moved on.

dpointer

Grayson, GA
That doesn't say much for AT&T and their customer care, does it? Whether it helps or not I've never been one to "learn to live with" a problem with something I'm paying good money for.

doubleohwhat

join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL
said by dpointer:

Whether it helps or not I've never been one to "learn to live with" a problem with something I'm paying good money for.

Then your only real option is to stop paying for it via switching providers. If you think any amount of whining over something like this from a single person is going to get AT&T to do something then you're dead wrong. It's sad that AT&T is such a dysfunctional beast but that's just the way it is.

Just make a mental note about this issue when searching and move on

brookeKrige

join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA
kudos:3
After all, where do new firmware releases come from...

Maybe now that TV interface (soon?) won't be a Microsoft product any more (Ericsson), it should now be eligible for my consideration.

1. Call U-verse TV contact 800-number and ask them (then tell us):
»www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp

2. Post same question on ATT uverse general care and support forum:
»forums.att.com/t5/U-Verse-Genera···/3326249

3. Once registered on ATT forums, there's option to send private messages to AT&T Customer Care (mentioned in link above).

4. When doing a search (for "uverse TV feedback" for example) in att.com, at bottom of results it asks if search was useful or not. Click not, and tell them what their problem is (lack of clear TV feedback reporting page).

doubleohwhat

join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL
said by brookeKrige:

After all, where do new firmware releases come from...

They usually come from either the "don't bother fully testing new firmware" or the "surprise! we removed or broke something" department. Sorry, couldn't resist