trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

New, Canon-Faithful Star Trek Series Is In Pre-Production

"Star Trek veterans such as Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov), Tim Russ (Tuvok), Robert Picardo (the Doctor) and others are busy in pre-production of a professionally produced pilot episode for a suggested new online Star Trek series named Star Trek: Renegades, which will be faithful to the original Star Trek canon. The events of the series are placed a decade after Voyager's return from Delta Quadrant. When the pilot is complete, they'll present it to CBS in the hopes that it'll be picked up. They have also opened an Indiegogo campaign, seeking more funds from Star Trek fans to help make the production even more professional. They've already reached their primary funding goal."
trparky

trparky

Premium Member

Only bad part is that they're presenting it to CBS. Presenting it to CBS is like asking for a one way ticket to cancellation. Better for them to present it to say, NetFlix, at least there it would stand a chance of survival.

Remember, this is CBS we're talking about here; mainstream media. Mainstream TV media wouldn't know a good TV show if it came up and slapped them upside the face.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Nothing says that they can't take it to Netflix if CBS says no...

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
»Star Trek: Renegades [release date of 2014]

Here's an older thread.

That thread contains a link to a Star Trek "series" they did before this one.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I guess it would depend on how Disney felt about it. As they own it now, or even Paramount [if they still have a small stake in ST].

I can see them being ok with a "fan" creation that is made for fun, but if it were to pull in some money, I'm sure Disney Lawyers would be there for a royalty check.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
Chekov was born in 2245. This show takes place in 2388. Making him 143 years old. I highly doubt he would still be an active admiral.

Anyway the show could be okay.

BK3
join:2001-04-10
Geneva, IL

BK3 to trparky

to trparky
Offering it to CBS is actually coming full circle. Gene Roddenberry offered ST:TOS to CBS first, and CBS replied by saying "We have Lost In Space. What do we need Star Trek for?"
He offered it to NBC next, who bought it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Since when has Disney owned Star Trek? Paramount would be insane to give(sell) that up. You're thinking Star Wars.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Heck, Disney owns nearly everything now..
Marvel, Star Wars, JJ Abrams. They might as well own Star Trek.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

Heck, Disney owns nearly everything now.. Marvel, Star Wars, JJ Abrams. They might as well own Star Trek.

Stop being nonsensical. Either they do or they don't. And they don't.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

At this time they don't, but you'll see when the unleash the evil empire that will be the rebooted Star Wars.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Say wha? We're talking about Star Trek. Why are you talking about Star Wars?

I agree that it's unlikely that Paramount will sell off Star Trek.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Never know what might happen.

But regardless, back on topic. The problem with these "fan" based shows is the people that own the rights don't want them to make money from them. Typically. So if the show was to get traction, I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyers from Paramount put out their hands to collect their share, or stop the production of it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

It would akin to Fox giving up Star Wars to George Lucas, no doubt one of the stupidest moves any executive could have made, moreso down that it's in the hands of one of their rivals.

If Paramount decided to "sell" Star Trek, it would be for huge bundle of cash. That said I don't ever see them doing that.
LocutusBorg
Premium Member
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

LocutusBorg to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
said by Omega:

Chekov was born in 2245. This show takes place in 2388. Making him 143 years old. I highly doubt he would still be an active admiral.

Anyway the show could be okay.

If he is the head of Section 31 he would have to be retired. StarFleet cannot be seen to be heading Section 31.
Like heads of the alphabet agencies in the USA. None of the Admirals and generals are active duty

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega

Premium Member

Then why he is wearing a Star Fleet uniform?

Also, the head of the NSA is an active duty 4 star general.