spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Wyngs
join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR

Wyngs

[HN9000] Got my fingers crossed

Hughes net, compared to the past couple of years, has been working well for some weeks now. (Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but have to give credit where credit is due).

Yeah, speeds aren't the greatest, but at least I have been able to use the internet.

Had a guy out today to adjust my Directv antenna. He saw the Hughes and tried to sell me on Exede. I told him, next time Hughes drops into the pits, he had a customer.
Wyngs

Wyngs

Raining today and I still have acceptable internet. Hughe's fumble fingers must be screwing up. (grin)
Wyngs

Wyngs

I probably shouldn't say anything, but Hughes net has been humming along quite well for me for months now. Even during the height of the recent storm here in the NW internet connections were good. A far cry from when I couldn't get to certain sites even in good weather.

Bandwidth usage still seems to be disappearing abnormally fast compared to the past, but I'm learning to live with it. I'll be staying with Hughes as long as I keep getting what I'm getting.
Wyngs

Wyngs

Wow! Where my rx signal strength ran 80-90 for years, I'm now hitting around 170.

Wondering if I'll end up being a booster for Hughes Net. (grin)

Also noticed that when I ended a night @47% bucket, the next day I had 100% - where it should have been 97%.

Keep it humming, HN!
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth to Wyngs

to Wyngs
Maybe I'm just lucky (though I'd rather be Lucky than Smart!) but I had zero issues for 8 years and then recently upgraded to Gen4. Today it's stormy out and I still have 116 SS and maximum speeds for my plan. I could not be more pleased myself.
janedeaux
join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS

janedeaux to Wyngs

to Wyngs
I just had a really good experience too! Modem went out Mon. morning. Called Hughes and I had a new modem delivered to my door Tues. noon. Fast service or what?

james1979
Premium Member
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA

james1979 to tomupnorth

Premium Member

to tomupnorth
said by tomupnorth:

Today it's stormy out and I still have 116 SS and maximum speeds for my plan.

My experience is that Gen4 works better in rain that Gen3. (My system went down during this downpour in my first attempt at a post, but it came back online quickly.)
Wyngs
join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR

Wyngs

Well, there's no way I'll become a booster for Hughes. The last two weeks has seen an incredible slowdown, and tonight the internet is almost unusable. It even took a while to get in here, and this usually loads when nothing else will. FTPing is impossible, as is going to most of my sites, and this is after 10p pacific.

When the hell is the gov gonna take control of the internet from these money grubbing a-holes? I'm ready for it. Most third world countries enjoy better internet.
Wyngs

Wyngs

This is a zombie thread, but had to remark on those great months I had that ended on Jan 4 and afterwards again. I not only went into the slowdown pit, but my bandwidth also continues dropping at an alarming rate with just ordinary web page viewing. Where I was hitting the free period with 70-90% left regularly (I guess I'm light user), I'm now regularly having 20-50 %. In fact I feel lucky with the 50%.

Something has changed drastically and it wasn't my surfing habits. I did get a couple of emails from Hughes last year exhorting me to take advantage of all that unused bandwidth. Were they unhappy that I wasn't using the tokens and decided to "get" me. (grin) I've used two since Jan 4.