how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mountlaurel

@comcast.net

1 edit

[Content] Fox Sports 2

I know Fox Sports 2 replaced Fuel TV on August 17th also. Does Comcast plan on adding this channel to Philadelphia/South Jersey area? Channel 856 which is currently vacant would be the ideal spot.

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1

Re: Fox Sports 2

Would be better if FS2 was placed at channel 864. Would keep it in line with the Central Jersey systems that have The Comcast Network HD currently located on Channel 856.

Watcher

@rohmhaas.com
I don't care what channel its on! Lets just get on the ball and added it!

gwilliam

join:2010-03-20
reply to mountlaurel

Re: [Content] Fox Sports 2

Isn't Fox Sports 2 just an extra feed channel for games?

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
no it's a separate channel. But I doubt we will get it as Comcast has to re-negotiate with fox to carry the channel.

ButlerBB fan

@embarqhsd.net
reply to Watcher

Re: Fox Sports 2

Watcher is right. Fox Sports 2 channel should be added to 2013-14 Comcast regular cable lineup. For example college basketball schedules of the newly revamped Big EAST conference have just been announced. It includes some Butler Univ. contests on Fox Sports 2 and no doubt some other new high- profile Big EAST members this season. This is a Major conference with a huge TV following in the Midwest and East Coast.

Giuffra316

join:2008-08-28
07067-1322
I recall earlier this year that Comcast and Fox had worked out a deal (weeks before the Fox Sports networks announcement) that included Fuel TV (now Fox Sports 2).

»corporate.comcast.com/news-infor···greement

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

2 edits
reply to mountlaurel

Re: [Content] Fox Sports 2

According to the latest posts on the Comcast Support forum about this (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-a···5#M41218 ), Comcast will be adding the Fox Sports 2 channel to their lineup, but when that will actually be is not clear yet.

In the meantime, Comcast subscribers can access FS2 programming via an iPad or on the web by using the Fox Sports Go app:

quote:
I just downloaded the Fox Sports Go app on my iPad (FSGO). I put in my xfinity login info and now I can watch all the fox sports content on my ipad. Fox Sports 2 is on the app. It's weird. I can watch the live games broadcasted on Fox Sports 2 with my xfinity account.
:
You can also watch from the web at »msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

EDIT: Oh well, from the latest posts on that thread now, it looks like the iPad app access is not working/provided now: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-a···5#M41377

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Holy hell. They're right. This worked over the weekend (saw the same thread).

That's next to pathetic. The punches just keep coming.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

warcraft82

join:2008-11-12
Philadelphia, PA
reply to mountlaurel
It probably only worked last week to their sports preview thing and now it's back to requiring a subscription.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to mountlaurel
Comcast seems to be determined to provide TV in every way outside of linear channels.

Which sort of defeats their purpose in existing, but I guess they don't see it that way.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to telcodad
The latest post, from Ted Hodgins (aka "ComcastTeds"), on the Comcast Support forum about this:

quote:
Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
I'm telling you - something is up. They won't make a single comment about channel adds.

They just redid a huge contract with Fox. There's absolutely no way that FS2 was not a part of that.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"