TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to yunners

Premium Member

to yunners

Re: [Cable] Fed up with this service

Yunners, we are doing something. I can't talk about it here but we are for sure doing something.

Our staff are very frustrated as well. We have ppl waiting for a simple modem swap for more than 11 days. We escalate for the 4th time to our account manager and we are told that it must be escalated in the system. Meanwhile, the system already has 3 escalations. There is no more escalation possible.

We are very much keeping track and if nothing else this episode will be very informative.
yunners
join:2013-04-13
North York, ON

yunners

I appreciate your effort Marc. I hope you guys overcome this issue soon.

enzymes
join:2003-11-29
Brampton, ON

enzymes to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Is that the best we can hope for? That you guys submit escalations and just wait for Rogers to do something?

I think all these issues in just August is a good indication that Teksavvy has no control or quick response whatsoever.

We are paying for a service that is constantly having some kind of problem every month. We can see that just by looking at your own outage reports - »/fo ··· =Outages

I get it. You guys are a reseller using Rogers' infrastructure and they won't let you guys touch anything. But this can't keep going on...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Everything is being looked at.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to enzymes

Premium Member

to enzymes
Rogers has been hit by a few major things lately:

- flooding last month
- Switching over THOUSANDS of internet connections to ATPIA for TekSavvy, including processing upgrade requests from thousands of them too.
- Back to school now (dorms are starting to fill up this week)

I'm not sure if they're intentionally screwing over the independents, but it's a certain bet that they'll prioritize their own customers over the customers of the independents.

I expect that around mid-September, we'll be back down to normal wait times to resolve issues.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to TSI Marc

Mod

to TSI Marc
To those who say "fight Rogers" there's a major problem there.

Rogers can say "We don't want to do TPIA" just as Eastlink has done and continues to do. That will not just mess up TPIA customers, it will likely cause the failure of companies like TekSavvy and we'll have no TPIA service at all and will be totally at the mercy of the incumbents.

TPIA providers have NO leverage when it comes to then incumbents. Not paying doesn't work ... they cut you off. Taking to court doesn't work ... they cut you off.

The cost of losing TPIA business to the incumbent is nothing because the customer will come direct to the TPIA.

For example, Rogers cuts TekSavvy cable off. Where do TekSavvy cable customers go? Well, they'll now be most uncomfortable to go with a TPIA having been burned. So they'll go to Rogers. Now Rogers gets their full listed rates for the service instead of part of the TPIA's cheaper rate! They'll have usage caps, so the cost of supplying bandwidth will go down. They'll no longer have to have a people dealing with all this POI crap.

Rogers would love to cut TekSavvy off ... it's money in the bank. So tell me why they would want to provide better service to TPIA customers?

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000

Premium Member

It's sad that the CRTC only seems interested in dealing with this stuff one issue at a time. They should really force a SLA onto the incumbents in order to improve the way the independent's customers are being treated.

Why should a speed change request take 2 weeks to do when it takes someone 30 seconds to change your speed profile at Rogers? That's nuts.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Marc to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
I think this is a simple case that there are some simple things that could be done and thats all we're really asking for..

Don't let modem swaps take 11 days.
Turn up dynamic routing so if a backbone link goes down, we won't get cut off.
Mange the DHCP pools better.
Have our account manager, actually manage our account.
Give us a phone number to a few key ppl within so we can raise concerns when they happen
When there are major problems, talk to us!

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

I think this is a simple case that there are some simple things that could be done and thats all we're really asking for..

Don't let modem swaps take 11 days.
Turn up dynamic routing so if a backbone link goes down, we won't get cut off.
Mange the DHCP pools better.
Have our account manager, actually manage our account.
Give us a phone number to a few key ppl within so we can raise concerns when they happen
When there are major problems, talk to us!

That's just it, they don't want to. Providing anything except tier 1 (maybe tier 2) CSR support is the most they'll spend to support you. Anything else they'll raise a stink as they don't want to hire or reallocate their workforce just for TPIA.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Well, we will see.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

It's sad that the CRTC only seems interested in dealing with this stuff one issue at a time. They should really force a SLA onto the incumbents in order to improve the way the independent's customers are being treated.

Why should a speed change request take 2 weeks to do when it takes someone 30 seconds to change your speed profile at Rogers? That's nuts.

Problem is wholesale regulation never required SLA type service. The only case you could make is that 911 is always classified as essential so any type of copper service is supposed to be repaired in a timely window.
Expand your moderator at work

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] Fed up with this service

It's always 3 steps forward 19 steps back in this world. Keep fighting the good fight TSI, I'm here with you.