Search similar:

uniqs

rcbrcb
Premium Member
join:2007-02-21

rcbrcb

Premium Member

Expansion Hard Drive?

Is there anyway to expand the capacity of the UVerse DVR by attaching an external hard drive?

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

As of yet, no way to add an external HDD to the DVR -- and it may never be allowed, but who knows for certain

Unofficially, some have reported success of opening up the DVR and changing the existing internal HDD for a larger capacity HDD -- remember opening the DVR & changing hardware components is a violation of the AT&T TOS
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to rcbrcb

to rcbrcb
I wouldn't bet on it any time soon. Also, since you don't own your DVR, if you mess around inside it, and break it, or AT&T finds out you modified it, you could get charged for the DVR (which is not cheap!) and have your service terminated. It's just a bad idea altogether.
myersw
join:2008-07-12
Huntington Woods, MI

myersw to ILpt4U

to ILpt4U
Another reason to have Dish for TV. Can expand with external drive.
--bill

nocharge
@sbcglobal.net

nocharge to Paralel

Anon

to Paralel
I messaged the AT&T people here a while back with my account number and told them I had opened the DVR and replaced the drive and requested they please charge me the appropriate fees. I received a response a few days later that only if an onsite technician determines that I caused actual damage to the DVR would I incur any charges.