All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

hurrynwait
@teksavvy.com

hurrynwait

Anon

[Cable] Your wait times on hold and p!$$ poor customer support.

I've been on hold for an hour again this morning and was on hold for an hour + twice last night.
I upgraded my package on Friday last week. Saturday I got the confirmation E-mail and it clearly states 3-5 days. It's been 7+ now.

I love the hold and the retarded revelations it has like, No lights on your modem? Check for a loose wire! No signal to your cable modem? Try a different outlet or removing a splitter. No Did you know equipment from 3rd parties such as routers can .....

Here's one, Did you know that when people pay $60+/month for a service and live a busy life they don't have 3 f%#%$#@% days to wait on hold. The additional $15/month to Rogers is worth not having to sit on f$#$#@$% hold for hours on end listening to the same retarded messages over and over again..

I Agree
@puregig.net

I Agree

Anon

Re: [Cable] Your wait times on hold and p!$$ poor customer suppo

+1

PunkChildP
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP to hurrynwait

Premium Member

to hurrynwait
Hello,

If you do not want to wait on hold you could always e-mail into support@teksavvy.com or post int he Direct Forum and we can answer that way

Paul

hurrynwait
@teksavvy.com

hurrynwait

Anon

Yes, Because I enjoy creating accounts on 3rd party sites for 1st party service..
I'll E-mail. When I have time to lolly gag..
deal1
join:2010-12-27
Nepean

deal1 to hurrynwait

to hurrynwait
Why don't you use the Direct Support option from DSLR for anything you can't request on TSI's MyWorld app?

I used TSI's MyWorld app to request a speed change last Friday (took less than a minute) and on that site it did say to expect up to 10 days. The email I received the next day confirming that the request was processed said to expect 3-5 day. My billing date was 2 days ago and the speed tier change was reflected. It's just the Rogers stuff not done and based on feedback on this site I am expecting it to take another week.

hurrynwait
@teksavvy.com

hurrynwait

Anon

I used the f'n my world app to change the speed. As I said, I got the E-mail the next day and it clearly stated 3-5 days..

I'm old fashioned. I believe when there's an issue, you pick up the f'n phone and call someone regarding it. This whole direct forum on DSLR in my eyes is like a chev owner creating an account on Dyson's website to get in touch with a chev mechanic.. Fooooooking retarded. But again that's just in my eyes.

I would simply like to pick up a phone when I have the time in my day to do so. Voice my problem and have someone on the other end address it. Simple. Use to be easy. It also use to work.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Sure. But man, we can't force them to deal with what we've sent them... On our end we did what we are supposed to do. It's sitting on their desk... We are pushing. We are not sitting around waiting...

hurrynwait
@teksavvy.com

hurrynwait

Anon

It's the 3+ phone calls with 1+ hour wait times each that p!$$e$ me off the most. I expect Rogers to be a f%ckt4rd.. That's normal. Call Tek, Request something Rogers must do. Wait for due date. Call Tek, Open ticket wait 3-5 more days and voila. Shit you should have for a week ago.

Yeah. I know the routine and it's an unfortunate one. Knowing that your customers have to deal with bullshit from the horse itself 24/7 you'd think making our wait times on hold be an hour + is a pleasant bonus from your reply.
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to hurrynwait

Premium Member

to hurrynwait

Re: [Cable] Your wait times on hold and p!$$ poor customer suppo

We just hired 250 net additional staff. These problems are unprecedented. More ppl to answer the phone does not fix the problem. All you are doing is making a bad situation worse. It's not that we don't care or that we don't want to answer the phone...

hurrynwait
@teksavvy.com

hurrynwait to hurrynwait

Anon

to hurrynwait
oh and it's not like i ever got in touch with anyone at all.. 1 hour wait is far more than enough..
I did just get in touch with someone after 53 minutes. spoke for 2 minutes and now done and ticket open.

Just a recap, that's 3hrs53minutes for a 2 minute conversation..

I hope you say you're welcome...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I guarantee you that once Rogers rolls out their new whatever it is they are working on by end of next month. Our wait times will be great. We, TekSavvy, are doing everything we should be doing. We're not perfect but the vast majority of this is in Rogers hands and we are looking into that carefully.
deal1
Nepean

deal1

said by TSI Marc:

I guarantee you that once Rogers rolls out their new whatever it is they are working on by end of next month. Our wait times will be great. We, TekSavvy, are doing everything we should be doing. We're not perfect but the vast majority of this is in Rogers hands and we are looking into that carefully.

The only disagreement I would have with this statement is that perhaps you could be more upfront with wait time expectations during difficult times. If the customers knows not to expect anything for 10 days they are less likely to call you after 5, especially if the confirmation email states to expect the change in 3-5 days.

Also, let us self serve if we are capable. If MyWorld had an open ticket that the customer could view for all calls that result in workorders then we would know the status of things without bothering one of your live staff. Even if it just said 'submitted to provider on YYYYMMDD, and current wait times for orders is x days. that would be enough. Of course that ticket would have to be updated after the provider did their thing and that might or might not be able to be automated. If not it would be a constant headache for TSI.

Of course if people just want to call for everything you can't help them, but the rest of us don't need to contribute to making those queues longer when we are more apt to self-serve if that option is available.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I agree deal. But you have to see it from our side... We are working on replacing MyWorld all together. So what is there now is basically a simple web form that sends us an email to do it manually. And it's a pain to keep changing all of that... So, when we built these various systems. We were not seeing these big delays. Seems to be the new flavor now.. So, now that we know that these things may change significantly... We are working through things to changes these somewhat automated systems...

But, the more we tweak those.. The less time we spend on the replacement.. Which is what we really need...

So, what seems so simple to you.. It's a case that until we have every system, every little thing perfectly flexible in every way to accommodate all the games being played... It's tough to get it perfectly for every single call and every situation.

It's not because we don't care... It's that there are a hundred different ways we can get caught up a situation where despite best intentions.. We said something that turned out not to be perfectly right.. And of course.. To fix that means adding more onto the pile.

These upgrades or whatever it is they are doing.. It will pass. At some point it has to. And we will keep pushing as much as we can in between.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to hurrynwait

to hurrynwait
Marc, I also think it would help if your phone system gave an estimated wait time. If someone expects around an hour.. from the start, they likely won't wait an hour but use the call back feature.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Yah, it's not that simple. As you go from one queue to another.. It changes how long you wait.. We had that and we removed it. It didn't work like we had hoped.
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
To be clear, when you state that you "hired 250 net additional staff", you are not counting staff that has left during this hiring period, correct? It seems like Teksavvy is chronically understaffed. These threads about 1+ hour wait times have appeared regularly for over a year now.

I'm sure you already know this but it's important to highlight the fact that these wait times create a huge burden on your staff. Not only do they have to deal with customers who are angry over their service issues, they now also have to here these same customers vent about the long wait times.

I understand that there are unexpected events that can contribute to a sudden spike in call volume, but Teksavvy needs to get this problem under control.
s_tux_g
join:2012-03-03

s_tux_g to hurrynwait

to hurrynwait
Every time I see such thread I always ask Marc such question and he always avoids the answer.

You have the following phone numbers on your Web site:

Sales 1.877.779.1575
Technical Support 1.877.357.2889
Customer Support 1.877.779.1575
Billing 1.877.763.5606

All these phone numbers belong to the same voice machine where all callers are getting queued for 1+ hour on hold and waiting for each other regardless department they are contacting. What is the point to have all these numbers if it's actually one phone line? Why 5 years ago TekSavvy had separate contacts by department but modern TekSavvy has only one contact line? It looks like this is the problem.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Rastan

Premium Member

to Rastan
said by Rastan:

To be clear, when you state that you "hired 250 net additional staff", you are not counting staff that has left during this hiring period, correct? It seems like Teksavvy is chronically understaffed. These threads about 1+ hour wait times have appeared regularly for over a year now.

I'm sure you already know this but it's important to highlight the fact that these wait times create a huge burden on your staff. Not only do they have to deal with customers who are angry over their service issues, they now also have to here these same customers vent about the long wait times.

I understand that there are unexpected events that can contribute to a sudden spike in call volume, but Teksavvy needs to get this problem under control.

No. I am also counting the staff that have left. Some are still in training. Total net added staff. 250.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to s_tux_g

Premium Member

to s_tux_g
said by s_tux_g:

Every time I see such thread I always ask Marc such question and he always avoids the answer.

You have the following phone numbers on your Web site:

Sales 1.877.779.1575
Technical Support 1.877.357.2889
Customer Support 1.877.779.1575
Billing 1.877.763.5606

All these phone numbers belong to the same voice machine where all callers are getting queued for 1+ hour on hold and waiting for each other regardless department they are contacting. What is the point to have all these numbers if it's actually one phone line? Why 5 years ago TekSavvy had separate contacts by department but modern TekSavvy has only one contact line? It looks like this is the problem.

I am not avoiding it. You are wrong.

Tech support is by far the longest waiting. And then what starts going on is that people start punching any number to get into any queue and you end up with a mess.

What people want is their problem fixed. When we have thousands of tickets unanswered.. What the heck can we do!?
s_tux_g

s_tux_g

I'm sorry I don't follow what you are trying to explain. My question was very trivial:

What is the point to have all those numbers if It's the same phone line?

Very long time ago you agreed it's stupid. I'm not asking about tickets. So, why am I wrong if your site is simply giving incorrect information to the customers: "Contact By Department"?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We just haven't sat down to discuss removing them. They have been there for a long time now. I'm not sure if they don't go directly to those queues either though. I thought you were saying that all queues are the same wait time. They are not. In fact, you did say that. So, I do think I answered what you were saying.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

2 recommendations

sbrook to hurrynwait

Mod

to hurrynwait
One of the big problems lately is that because of all or Rogers screwups, which will hopefully clear up after they've finished with all their network upgrades and the ATPIA transitions causing grief and node splits etc., TekSavvy is getting inundated with an incredibly heavy phone and mail support requirement.

Now, sure, they could hire 500 people to reduce the wait times to 10 minutes, but what happens a few weeks from now when Rogers has finished all t heir shenanigans? Is TekSavvy gonna have to fire 400 people because they don't have the calls to need all those people?

Of course, Rogers could have a major screw up tomorrow and they need a thousand people on phones they don't have!

So you make predictions that are reasonable and hope ... sometimes those hopes are met, other times you predict over and others under. Finding a reasonable balance is the challenge.

The other problem is that you can't pull 200 people out of the hat just like that!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

This is also normally a busy time with back to school... So we prepared for that...
s_tux_g

s_tux_g

Jesus cries ... I have been hearing this excuse since last summer for the first time when I'd been on hold for 1+ hour. My wife was laughing at me when I called TekSavvy every day and spent hours on the phone. This "back to school rush" has never been ended. It's still with TekSavvy. It is nightmare for customers and company's attribute now.

Guys, I mean TekSavvy staff, don't make my slippers laugh. This excuse is for kids. Just fix the problem. Marc, you can simply call from outside of the company to one of the phone numbers listed on your site and decide whether you like being on hold for 1+ hour or not
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to sbrook

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

The other problem is that you can't pull 200 people out of the hat just like that!

There are ways but they can be ugly and/or expensive.

Ex.: once all your calling scripts are setup and the necessary hook-ups in your system are in place, you can outsource excess call volume to India's callcenters or something else of a similar nature.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

That can be as infuriating as waiting on hold

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

More ppl to open more tickets that don't get dealt with.
deal1
Nepean

deal1 to sbrook

to sbrook
What if TSI created a text back service where people could text their postal code to a TSI number and get a response with any known issues for that area. Much of it could be automated and if it caught on the postal code data of people texting could be a very good indication of a true infrastructure issue and a response could say as much. (We have received multiple reports of outages in your area within the last x hours and are looking into it, text back later for an update)

Advertise the service in the primary voice response and watch the abandoned call rate sky rocket.

That could drop both phone queues and staffing requirements.

Most people just want to know they aren't alone and that TSI is on top of it. They don't need to hear if from a human.
s_tux_g

s_tux_g to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc, I'm sorry I'm bothering you again but let me expose my opinion regarding each sentence you wrote:

We just haven't sat down to discuss removing them.

You don't have to remove them. You have to split them by department.

They have been there for a long time now.

Yes, but they were split by department. As I remember there wasn't even a voice machine. Anyone could reach an engineer just right away.

I'm not sure if they don't go directly to those queues either though.

and

I thought you were saying that all queues are the same wait time. They are not.

statements are contradictory. So, are they or not?

Thanks!