spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

A Nonymous

@mchsi.com

[Cable TV] QAM channels messed up in 62966

This started sometime yesterday (Friday, August 23) and is still going on.

1. 84.3, WSIL-HD: This is supposed to be HD widescreen, but it's coming through in SD and 4:3 centercut.

2. 78.3/78.4, WSIU-DT2 & DT3: These channels are flipped (DT2 is supposed to be on 78.3 & DT3 is supposed to be 78.4, but what's coming through the line is DT2 on 78.4 & DT3 on 78.3).

3. 83.7, KFVS-DT3, is completely gone.
When you check the channel lineup for this area, you'll see it says KFVS-DT3 is on 83.6. However, since the last big channel rearrangement here in late 2012, KFVS-DT2 (CW/MeTV) has been on 83.6 and DT3 (weather) has been on 83.7. DT2 is still on 83.6, but DT3 on 83.7 is gone.

I switched the TV to the OTA antenna, and see that all of these stations are broadcasting the correct signals over the air.
I don't have any kind of cable box, just TV & computer with QAM tuners, so I don't know what's showing up for people with boxes. And yes, I have tried rescanning, twice, and get the same results.

Please fix this.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
Hello,

I am not seeing any similar reports of these issue in your area. If you would like to message me with your account information, I will be happy to dig deeper into this to find out what is going on.

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
I sent a PM to 'Chad' last night about WSIL. He reported he 'checked the feed at the headend and it looks good.'
I'm using a TiVo with a cable card but checked OTA and am seeing no issues there.
Not sure how my message isn't a 'report' of an issue. I have sent word to the station. We'll see who actually is to blame.

A Nonymous

@mchsi.com
reply to A Nonymous
I listed the 3 issues in order of how important I consider them, so of course, you fix the least important one first.
KFVS-DT3 is back on QAM channel 83.7. Thank you.
(83.6 is gone, but I can live with that, since it just duplicated another channel and was probably never supposed to be there in the first place)

The other issues are still there: WSIL on channel 84.3 is still SD and 78.3/78.4 are still flipped.
I don't expect a resolution on a Sunday, but it would be nice to come home from work on Monday evening and have these channels back the way they're supposed to be.

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
Word from WSIL is that they've been in contact with Mediacom and there was some equipment issues and they hope to have it fixed by the end of the day.

A Nonymous

@mchsi.com
WSIL is back in HD.
The WSIU subchannels are still flipped, but I can put up with it while they work out their equipment issues. Thanks, kwbelt1, for the update.