spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bala

@rogers.com

internet down for 2 days

Hi we lost our internet connection for 2 days now. Our area is Keele and Lawrence. Any idea when the service with be back? We can't use our home phone and we have a senior at home and this getting very inconvenience. Please help. Thomson modem, all the light is on except online flashing on and off. Thx

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
said by bala :

..... We can't use our home phone and we have a senior at home.....

As a primary care giver for a senior I can fully appreciate your concern over lack of phone service. Get yourself a Bell POTS line. Think of it as a $30/month lifeline and the peace of mind it brings............

DigitalRain

join:2013-03-16
said by elitefx:

said by bala :

..... We can't use our home phone and we have a senior at home.....

As a primary care giver for a senior I can fully appreciate your concern over lack of phone service. Get yourself a Bell POTS line. Think of it as a $30/month lifeline and the peace of mind it brings............

Agreed. Internet is not considered a utility in Canada, making consumer-class Internet service in general and VoIP inappropriate for mission critical applications unless one is willing to invest in a degree of redundancy. That it's not considered a utility is a colossal failure of political will that shows a contempt for sound economic logic and a lack of understanding and respect for the way in which the modern world works, but anyways....

Being that I'm a 20-something bachelor with no dependents, VoIP works beautifully for me (much better than the crap cellphone signal I get at home), but young families, people who care for elderly relatives, and anyone who works from home needs a landline, imho.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans

join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bright House
reply to bala
said by bala :

Hi we lost our internet connection for 2 days now. Our area is Keele and Lawrence. Any idea when the service with be back? We can't use our home phone and we have a senior at home and this getting very inconvenience. Please help. Thomson modem, all the light is on except online flashing on and off. Thx

As Elitefx said, you should have a POTS line, and on top of that at least a cell phone too. Relying on VOIP service with a senior, or someone terminally ill is just plain stupid. And I say that as someone who is taking care of my grandmother who is terminally ill with lung cancer(stage 4) now.
--
The Art of War
"Excessive law is no law." - Cicero
The man who fed the world