uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

Amd motherboard and cpu

Would these parts work. I have built about 10 pc for myself and family but they used Intel motherboards and cpu's. I have never dealt with AMD. They only thing that will done with it is watch football and maybe the internet.

This the motherboard I was thinking about. The parts are from Newegg.
motherboard.

GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-HD2 FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
cpu

AMD A4-4000 Richland 3.2GHz Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor AD4000OKHLBOX
memory

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model BLS2KIT4G3D1339DS1S00

Would this equipment be compatible?
CmmTch
join:2002-08-10
High Ridge, MO

CmmTch

Try this link »www.gigabyte.com/product ··· =4374#dl click on the CPU support list and memory support list to find the processor and memory to go with that MB
CmmTch

CmmTch to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
The CPU A4-4000 Richland does not show on the GIGABYTE site as being compatible for this board, there are many others that are compatible though.

asdfdfdfdf
@myvzw.com

asdfdfdfdf

Anon

"The CPU A4-4000 Richland does not show on the GIGABYTE site as being compatible for this board, there are many others that are compatible though."

The a4 seems to be on the cpu list of the motherboard you linked to.

An a4 should be adequate for video watching and internet.

cpsycho
join:2008-06-03
Treadeu Land

cpsycho to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
Just be ready to update the bios. Just in case the bios version is less then the required version.
CmmTch
join:2002-08-10
High Ridge, MO

CmmTch to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
quote:
The a4 seems to be on the cpu list of the motherboard you linked to.

An a4 should be adequate for video watching and internet.
Yes there were other A4 CPU's listed, but the specific one the OP asked about was not showing as being compatible with that MB